Which 11.6 - 12.1 Netbook ?

samy26

Hello everyone,

I am posting this thread because I'm looking for a £300 Netbook thats gonna do good for the basic stuff, has a good battery life etc.

So far after researching some of the netbooks on offer, I've narrowed it down to three choices and would appreciate it if you guys could help me in seeing the differences between them so I can pick the best out of the lot :smashin:

They are all from either Acer, Asus and Lenovo.

Acer Aspire One 722: Buy ACER ASPIRE ONE 722 | 11.6" NETBOOK - Netbooks | Comet

Can get it from Amazon too but for a higher price and lower level processor C-50 not C-60. Only difference is the colour I think,

Asus 1215B: Buy ASUS 1215B-RED083M | 12.1" NETBOOK - Netbooks | Comet

A lot more expensive on Amazon, its like £430 which makes me think it might be better.

Last choice is Lenovo S205: Lenovo IdeaPad S205 11.6 inch Notebook (AMD E350 1.6GHz, RAM 2GB, HDD 320GB, WLAN, BT, Webcam, Windows 7 Home Premium) - Black: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories.

Let me know what you think :) Will help other guys looking for a netbook too :thumbsup:

How about a Lenovo x121e? Comes in either AMD E-350 flavours of theres a slightly dearer version with an Intel i3 CPU, meant to be a cracker, almost bought one myself.

cunny678

Distinguished Member
I picked up the Acer Aspire One 722 in argos a few weeks back for £199 plus a £10 off voucher. It does drop from £249 ocassionally but only for a day or two. Managed to reserve mine as soon as the price dropped:- http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5086380/Trail/searchtext>ACER+ASPIRE+ONE.htm

This one has the newer amd c60 processor with turbo boost which takes it up to 1.33ghz for short periods and a newer more power full Radeon graphics card.

Very happy with it but the processor is probabaly not sufficeint if you want to do lots of 3d gaming. Screen handles HD motion well!

I quite liked the idea the memory could be upgraded very easily if necessary:smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Large Screen HDR TV or Projector For Home Cinema + Best of the Month
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom