Which 1080p is True 1080p - if any??

K

KerrenKentLad

Hi all,

I'm planning on investing in a new screen in the new year purely for the 360, I've been reading up on various models and was almost convinced about the new 1080p models that various brands are selling.....however.....

Having read a couple more articles it seems that these new 1080p will display images at 1920x1080 but can't actually accept an input of 1080p and can only upscale 720p & 1080i to this resolution.

That begs the question .... are ANY of the 1080p TV's able to accept this input as I am ideally looking for a TV that will be futureproof (as much as you can be anyway)?

Thanks muchly!!

J

jayjayw

I think the Pioneer 5000 series can accept and display 1080p but costs £5k plus and from what I have seen is not better than the 507. Unless you have a habit of sitting 3 feet from your TV you are wasting time and money looking for a 1080p set... IMHO

K

KerrenKentLad

To be honest I was thinking more around the 1.5k mark, and I'm beginning to think you are right, I might just stick with a normal HD Ready, although I've read good things about the Sharp 42XD1 which is one of the "shows in 1080p but can't accept 1080p" group and can be got for 1.1k (a bargain if ever I saw one!)

MAW

Banned
LOL the Pio is the very one he's heard the rumours of, it does not accept 1080p on analogue, ie the output from a 360. Some of us find this immensely amusing, and it's surprisingly common. The only screens to do 1080 on analogue and digital AFAIK are the new Panasonic 1080 plasmas. The 50 is a bit cheaper than the Pioneer, but not 1.5k I'm afraid.

K

KerrenKentLad

LOL the Pio is the very one he's heard the rumours of, it does not accept 1080p on analogue, ie the output from a 360. Some of us find this immensely amusing, and it's surprisingly common. The only screens to do 1080 on analogue and digital AFAIK are the new Panasonic 1080 plasmas. The 50 is a bit cheaper than the Pioneer, but not 1.5k I'm afraid.
I notice you're a retailer - maybe you could clarify then, I'm having this same discussion in the LCD forum and the consensus is that the Sony W series and the Samsung F71 series also will run a true 1080p signal is this correct?

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips OLED+935 impressions, Denon AVC110 Review, Film Reviews, News and More...
Top Bottom