1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which £60 Front Speakers for Impreza?

Discussion in 'Portable Disc & Media Players & Recorders' started by Jamp, Apr 11, 2005.

1. Jamp

Jamp
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All

Currently have everything standard in my '95 Impreza 5-door, bar a Panasonic CQRDP383N mp3/wma headunit. Not really interested in v high volume, but I'd like to drown out the exhaust a bit better and have it sounding slightly more hi-fi. Front speakers the way to go?

Been looking in Halfords sale and I really like the sound of Infinity components, bit over budget at £70 for 6500cs plus I'd have to make MDF spacers as I understand it. 5000cs were £80 iirc and they didn't have any 6000cs. Should I compromise and go for Infinity coaxials - 6002i were £50 iirc - not sure if these go in without spacers. Or would JBL components be better? GTO-506CE 13cm seem a bargain at £40+del from Car Audio Security, Halfords didn't have any JBL components for me to hear. I marginally preferred the infinity coaxials to JBL coaxials.

Any others I should be considering? I've also been offered some Infinity Kappa 602.cs second hand for £75, I thought these were mainly for use with an amp though.

Cheers,

Ben :)