1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wheres your sky box

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by mazzymx6, Aug 3, 2005.

1. mazzymx6

mazzymx6
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys

I was thinking about the practical implications on having a projector and I cant quite figure out where I should put the sky box + dvd player in relation to the projector

Im going to have my pj mounted on the ceiling

There are three options as I see it

1 Have the sky box in a cabinet below the PJ and have a wire running up the wall and across the ceiling to connect to it (yuk)

2 Have a purpose built shelf near the pj to hold the sky box (not sure this would look right)

3 Have the sky box in the loft and have a hole in the ceiling for the cable to plug into the pj (does any1 have a setup like this?)

Do many of you have a sky box linked to your pj ? Ill be wanting to watch football on the screen, does any1 have any probs watching football ?

Which combination do most of you guys use ? Ideally im looking for one with a high waf

Thanks for your help :thumbsup:

maz

2. Mark_a

Mark_a

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +496
    I have all my AV gear in their conventional place of under or next to my TV. I also have a 10m HDMI cable running round the skirting board to my Z3 which is on a five foot six high AV rack against the back wall behind the settee. The projector effectively fires over our heads towards the screen that drops down in front of the TV. Had to lower all the gear so that it was visible under the bottom of the screen as I had an extra 45cm of black put on it so that it would drive nearly down to the floor. Didn't want to have to look up at it and give myself neck ache. The only pain I've got is having to swap HDMI cables from when I want to watch projector or TV. Hopefully this will be resolved as and when someone comes out with a reasonably priced HDMI switch, rather than the current stupidly expensive and unnecessary distribution amps.

Regards

Mark

3. Malky1903

Malky1903

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +64
    I guess one of the easiest ways is to connect up with an amp that's capable of video switching and component video up conversion [I have a Yam 750]. Sky+ and DVD player and TV connected to the amp, component cable [10m] to PJ. Amp automatically selects the relevant source at the push of a button and it's only one cable to the PJ for Sky+ and DVD viewing.

4. Gazpilot

Gazpilot
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Same setup as me but using a Sony STR BD930 and 15m SVHS cable.