1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wheres the OC gone?

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by shoestring25, May 30, 2004.

1. shoestring25

shoestring25

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +209
    the oc seams to finish this week or next week depending upon wether you watch it on ch4 or E4.

the problem is that they seam to stop showing it after episode 14 when there are 27 episodes in the first series. they have already finished showing the first series in the states.

why are ch4 not showing all the first series? :confused:

2. shoestring25

shoestring25

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +209
    the finale of smallville was shown in the states on the 19th of may and here on the 31st of may.

the finale of the OC was shown in the states on may the 5th, why have we got to wait till "later in the year" (as E4 put it) to see the remaining 12 episodes when the series in the states has already finished?

:mad:

3. miketango75

miketango75

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    :mad:

I've managed to get myself hooked on The OC ! What the hell are they doing stopping at Ep 14 ??

Anyway, I've just e-mailed E4 to find out what's going on, I don't suppose I'll get a reply but atleast I've tried. I'll copy it here if it's any help.

Ian

4. miketango75

miketango75

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
  5. shoestring25

shoestring25

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +209
    why show all of smallville and only half of the OC i carnt belive it wasn't popular. why would you stop showing a popular programe.

yet another CH4 cockup, it carnt be that hard to buy an entire series and then show all of it in order to the end. so why do ch4 always strugle to do this?

6. shoestring25

shoestring25

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +209
    ch4 should be banned from buying american programs because all they do is ruin them

7. miketango75

miketango75

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Received this from Channel 4...

Dear Ian,

Thank you for your email.

As the cricket season gets underway we have decided to hold the second half of series 1 of The OC to September, in order to avoid potential interruptions to its transmission pattern. This is exactly what happened when it aired on Fox in the US where the series took a break midway through the unusually large (27 ep) series due to the baseball season. It will return to T4 & E4 in mid September & series 2 will follow in January. The first 14 episodes will also be repeated on E4 and T4 during the summer schedule.

Kindest regards,

Sadie Matthews
    Information Officer

8. shoestring25

shoestring25

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +209
    i suppose we only have to wait 3 months but to make way for cricket come on.

theres both CH4 and E4 just cut out the many re-runs of friends then there is plenty of time to show the OC.

i think it offends me more that it had to make way for cricket, come on cricket is the only sport where even the highlights show is boring

9. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Hi,

There may be more sinister reasons, than CWhore are making known to us.

1) CWhore claim that this show took a 3-month break. "The OC" did NOT take a 3-month hiatus in the USA- at all! :mad: In fact if you click here, you will see that the only real break from transmission, was between episodes 7 and 8, where the show was given a rest for about 6 weeks.

2) On Sunday 6th June, CWhore aired Episode 14 (about New Years Eve). According to here Episodes 19 and 20 contain stronger sexual content than normal. Could this be why CWhore have temporarily stopped the show? Maybe because the content is unsuitable for Sunday teatimes, and they're going to censor the show?! :mad:

CWhore are :censored: :censored: :censored: !!!! Another great US show, ruined by CWhore incompetence!

Pooch
    (Not a happy bunny!)