1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wheres the 'Mean Machine'

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Bally_p, Mar 17, 2002.

1. Bally_p

Bally_p

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Mean Machine - (Starring Vinnie Jones) - I saw it in the cinema good few months ago, And now i've been checking play for comming soon and every where else but dont know when its comming out on DVD - Can anyone HELP!

Bally.

2. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Bally,

Hi, and welcome to the forums.

IN answer to your question, I don't have any info on a DVD release date, here or anywhere else in the world for that matter.

There could be many reasons, but the two most likely are:

1) The distributors haven't decided to release it to DVD yet.
    2) The film didn't do well enough to make a DVD or VHS release financially viable. This is dependent on how well the movie did at the UK box office, and how much money it took, as well as the kind of reviews it received in general from the press and public.

Sorry I can't be of more use, but you never know. Sometime in the next month or two, a release date will suddenly spring-up out of nowhere. (Not all DVD's get major announcements about release dates et al.)

Pooch

3. danielzavitz

danielzavitz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    this was released theatrically around christmas (boxing day?) so you can expect the dvd at the begining of june.
    as for what to expect, it will be straight to retail but being a paramount movie i doubt it will be overflowing with features.

4. Rambo John J

Rambo John J

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +912
    No release date yet? No less than it deserves. :devil:
    Still, one mans meat is another mans toothpick, so to speak.

If I was just waiting for films to be released on disc that had a theatrical release a mere 6 months ago I'd feel a lucky man (not sure which one though:rolleyes: )

Sorry. Just being facetious.
    :blush:

5. danielzavitz

danielzavitz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    bad news.
    paramount annouced they will be releasing everything with rental windows starting with zoolander on 31st may. so mean machine r2 won't be available to buy until at least october.
    vanilla sky will be rental only too.

6. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    maybe they've realised its terrible and decided not let the public ever see it again......whatever

I think rental versions are much better. The producers are completely losing out by letting people have the second disc or all the special features - it aint right.