Where's the Infra Red receiver on Sky+???

1975jas

Standard Member
Hi

I have recently put my AV kit into a cupboard and to ensure I can use my remote without opening the door I have purchased some Infra red extenders.

Got everything working exept SKY+ - I have the white Pace box - I cannot find where the Infra Red receiver is located and I need to know where this is in order to stick the Infra Red extender next to it.

Can anyone help?

Thanks
Jason

captain69

and me. Been trying for 2 days with the Keene extender but no luck??

stoobie

Are you sure the infrared stuff you have is compatible with your Sky box as loads of them I see on the net say "not compatible with sky".

Just a thought!

Stoobie

MitsiTurbo

If it doesnt work, then you could use a magic eye connected to the RF2 output on the Sky box. I did this for my parents and then integrated the receiver into there Slimp3

Matt Harper

Can't remember which one the Pace box is, but often the telltale sign is that the patch of the front where the receiver is will be darker where the material is thinner to allow the IR to pass through.

Another option if the receiver signal is strong enough is to stick it backwards to the inside of the cupboard door, that way although it's a weaker signal, it's spread over more area.

Magic eyes/smart eyes are always a good option, although means having another receiver stuck to the TV.

The latest video from AVForums

Movies Podcast: Star Trek in 4K. Is the new boxset worth it?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom