1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

where's the hitachi dv-rx7000???

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by tickahtnac, Dec 25, 2004.

1. tickahtnac

tickahtnac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi

in the january 2005 edition of the mag there's mention of the above recorder which according to the blurb should be avaliable as of now.

and because this seems to be the recorder for me, i've been trying to track down who are the retailers of the devices, and i've got absolutely nowhere, the hitachi site knows nothing about them and google searches reveal nothing.

so is there anybody here that can give me some info on the matter please.................oh and while i'm on the subject HCC ppl if you are going to print these articles please get the facts right.

regards: canthackit

2. Dave95

Dave95

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    I'm interested in this recorder as well, but it's still not on the Hitatchi website. A search on Pricerunner.com shows a few retailers selling it for about £240, but after various seraches on the net, there still seems to be not much info about it.
    Anyone know any more about it?

3. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,213
    I had this recorder for a few weeks awhile back. It was a reasonable DVD recorder let down by the lack of Flexible Record. Connectivity was good: opticial and electrical digtal audio outs, component (non progressive), full RGB input/output.

All that said this machine is hard to recommend when you have the Panasonic E55 available for the same price/slightly cheaper with it's superior editting abilities, progressive scan component and better recording PQ. If it's the DVD-RW support that is drawing you to the Hitachi may I then recommend the Samsung DVDR100 - another unit I have been trialling recently. Although this machine lacks component it makes up for it by better editting, flexible record (albeit only when using timer) and is available at amazingly cheap prices (£180 or less!). Well worth a look IMHO.

4. Dave95

Dave95

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    You're quite right. I need DVD-RW, also I want optical out & RGB out.
    As far as editing goes, It's not too important I don't think, I'm using the player to archive from Sky+ - and as I only have a PS2 to play DVDs, it will be my main player.
    I'll have a look at the Samsung.
    Cheers

Dave

5. seanofford

seanofford

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I purchased one on ebay for about £90 - the ebay shop was selling several and said they were labelled as superficially marked - scratched etc, but mine was perfect and I'm very pleased with it, EXCEPT that there is no known region hack, which is very annoying. Take note if you want to play US DVDs etc.

Sean