Where's the eye on Sky+?

P

paiger

I'm seriously considering swapping my Sony 760 for a Pace Sky+ box as they appear to be making the same money on ebay!. I assume I can just plug the sky+ box into the standard dish and away I go?

What I need to know is where the remote 'eye' is on these boxes. On my Sony it's on the far left under the power button and is obscured by the wood on my AV unit door, meaning I have to have it open. If anyone has a Sky + box, could you have a quick look and tell me how wide the box is and how far from either side the 'eye' is.

Thanks in advance.

SKY+ can operate from a single LNB input but it lacks the Autoview feature and uses a different remote control code set to standard digiboxes.
You can just swap the boxes over and marry your existing card to the SKY+.

The remote sensor in the SKY+ is in the center behind the black panel (That's the original design of course), exactly where behind that panel I am not sure. You could of course pick up a cheap TVlink device and use it's remote sensor to control a digibox.
The original design is roughly 420mm wide with the black panel 135mm in from the edge.

**Wish I had seen the other thread before this one:)

Thanks for the help. I reckon I'll see if I can pick one up.

By the way mods, I didn't double post, the forum somehow did it for me. Please delete this one if you like.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom