Where's the E3 thread at???

DJSigma

Banned
No interest in E3 in Nintendo-land?

Their conference was great IMO. They announced new Zelda, Donkey Kong, Kirby, Mickey Mouse and Golden Sun titles as well as showing off titles like Goldeneye and Metroid Other M. They showed off the 3DS and the new Kid Icarus game, which will be a launch title. It can take pics that you can view in 3D too and you'll be able to watch 3D films on it - all without glasses.

Last edited:

Guns_LotsOfGuns

Moderator/Games Reviewer

Hardc0r3

Just finished watching the live stream and must say im really looking forward to the oldskool character comebacks,e.g donkey kong country and kirby etc,they have quite a few cool looking games coming for wii,even more glad i bought one now :D

The Bass

I was looking for one earlier and couldn't find anything.

Only game from that list that interests me is Golden Sun, is that the DS one they announced last time?

Wind Waker is one of my all time favourites but I thought Twilight Princess was terrible so I'm not particularly interested in Zelda right now.

Mikepriester

Distinguished Member
This is it I guess Sigma.

I'll be picking up a 3ds on launch depending on how 'good' the 3d is. I'll have to see it beforehand.

Wish they had announced a HD Wii though.

DJSigma

Banned
3DS: -

3DS_MarioKart_00ssHW_E3.png

Amph

Distinguished Member
I had totally forgotten about E3!!!!

Also, I had no idea half you guys had interest in the Nintendo side of things. In fact Mike, I thought you lived only in the COD thread of 360 land? :D

The Bass

I have a DS but never got a Wii, not worth it just for SMG1&2 and Brawl. The DS is pretty much a Pokemon and Scribblenauts playing machine for me :D.

Mikepriester

Distinguished Member
I had totally forgotten about E3!!!!

Also, I had no idea half you guys had interest in the Nintendo side of things. In fact Mike, I thought you lived only in the COD thread of 360 land? :D

How can you forget about E3 man!! :)

I love me some DS action :thumbsup:

Nah I get about dude. I actually have to force myself out of the COD forum sometimes :blush:

Watched the rest of the Nintendo E3 conf that I missed late last night. The whole thing felt quite relaxed and chilled out compared to the MS and Sony shows.

The 3DS video with Reggie and co was crappy, but awesome at the same time :laugh:

I hope the nub on the 3DS is nothing like the **** one on the PSP.

MarkusThatch

Distinguished Member
Still no wii hd news it seems?

Hardc0r3

Wii hd,still a few years off tbh,the wii sells like hot cakes and they just announced some of the best games,why would they make a new one xD
they are making so much money off the wii theres no need for another for a long time.

wii hd is rumours which should soon die.

cheers.

majnu

Distinguished Member
:hiya:

How much will this be and when will it be released? I would love to get this for my neice. Does it come in pink? :blush:

Satsui_Ryu

Distinguished Member
Nintendo had a really strong E3, but did anyone else cringe when Miyamoto was struggling to show-off Zelda?

The 3DS looks filled with potential, even if the 3D effects aren't that impressive (although early opinions are that they work very well). I haven't really been able to find much motivation for handheld gaming since the Gameboy Colour days [although I have owned almost every handheld since], but the line-up is that strong that I might just be forced to pick one up. And I am of course intrigued to find out just what the 3D effects are like. So there's that..

Donkey Kong and Kirby look really strong, and Epic Mickey looks surprisingly good. Zelda will obviously be a fantastic game, but I have to say that my enthusiasm for the game died a little when Miyamoto couldn't get the controls to work properly. Saying that I have no doubt that they'll be very fluid by launch.

After three years of disappointing conferences, it's great to see Nintendo hit one out of the park.

Last edited:

MarkusThatch

Distinguished Member
Wii hd,still a few years off tbh,the wii sells like hot cakes and they just announced some of the best games,why would they make a new one xD
they are making so much money off the wii theres no need for another for a long time.

wii hd is rumours which should soon die.

cheers.

I thought it was more of an add-on to the current wii rather than a "wii2"?

The Wagster

Standard Member
Was there any news about that heart beat sensor thing they developed? Wasn't that big news at last years E3 - still no nearer to seeing what they're gunna do with it.

Mikepriester

Distinguished Member
Was there any news about that heart beat sensor thing they developed? Wasn't that big news at last years E3 - still no nearer to seeing what they're gunna do with it.

:laugh: thought I'd read that wrong then.

The vitality sensor wasn't mentioned at all if I remember correctly. Not a good sign usually.

Hardc0r3

I thought it was more of an add-on to the current wii rather than a "wii2"?

with the current wii's specs not a chance,they would haveto up the specs for hd which would require a whole new console if they ever did make one i should think.

cheers.

MarkusThatch

Distinguished Member
with the current wii's specs not a chance,they would haveto up the specs for hd which would require a whole new console if they ever did make one i should think.

cheers.

Ah I see, I had something in my mind along the lines of that sega mega cd - but something a bit neater:blush:

G a f f e r

No interest in E3 in Nintendo-land?

Their conference was great IMO. They announced new Zelda, Donkey Kong, Kirby, Mickey Mouse and Golden Sun titles as well as showing off titles like Goldeneye and Metroid Other M. They showed off the 3DS and the new Kid Icarus game, which will be a launch title. It can take pics that you can view in 3D too and you'll be able to watch 3D films on it - all without glasses.

It kind of passed me by (didn't realise it was on already) :D. Then, when I did, I couldn't find any sites that streamed it (those that did came with a message saying "encoding data, please try again later").

Anyway, now that I have seen it, I must say that Nintendo stole the show (I'd give Sony's a second and MS a distant third).

What I loved was the 3DS.....even inadequately filmed, it looks stunning:
YouTube - Nintendo 3DS - First Hands On [HD]
best views come from about 50sec in (that's if you're keeping your eyes on the top screen rather than.....other things ;)).

....and ignore the "special" bloke who keeps asking "do they come all the way down...all the way down....all the way down...dooowwwwwnnnnn...all the way dowwwwwnnnnnnnnn......" :D

I am definitely keeping a hawk eye on the 3DS (and hoping they come out with the lime green colour option or, failing that, the original DK G&W orange/brown colour - nice'n'retro :smashin:).
The specs are apparently impressive and are rumoured to be a BIG step up from the existing DS (has to be to cope with that effect I suppose).
The games coming out for it look great too (and I'm very happy they're making a new MK DS (MK 3DS? :D) just for the new system. The tracks look new).
I'm also hoping it allows for wifi-n or, failing that, WPA2 networks. I'd love to be able to go online with friends with it.

Zelda looked great. It's a shame Miyamoto hadn't practised enough, but the game itself looks very good in the hands of journos in vids from afterwards. This is another one I'm keeping a close eye on.

Metroid Other M. Sorry but I thought it looked boring :(. Maybe because I tend to avoid lengthy cut scenes which drag on and on (and no, I don't remember you "token black NPC"). More gameplay, less cutscenes please and it might pique my interest :thumbsup:.

DKC 4: Never played the first 3, but it looks like an OK platformer to me. Might go and check out an earlier one on VC if I can...

P.S. Wii HD: there never was one nor was there ever an intention to make one. It was a rumour spread by viral marketer's and fanboys. Nintendo have never ever said they would make a Wii HD. They have said that their next console (i.e. not the Wii and not an add-on to the Wii but the 8th gen Ninty console they create, whatever they decide to call it and whenever it comes out) might have HD if enough households can utilise it (which would probably be a given by then)...
...but as long as the Wii is still going strong they will not risk alienating their existing customer base by bringing out an HD Wii and telling folk to upgrade, plus there is no need for it whilst the Wii continues to sell out as it is. The top knobs have already said this.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom