1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where's the DTS Titles

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Gordon, Jan 8, 2001.

1. Gordon

Gordon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've been into home cinema for about 5 years now and I recently bought the Yamaha RXV596 to enjoy DTS. I have not got my Tosh 2109B DVD player chipped as I am not sure if my current TV (Goodmans 28" from Comet) will accept the NTSC signal.

So for now, I am depending on R2 releases. I can't help but feel a bit peed off at the amount of R1 releases having the DTS soundtrack. There seems to be no R2 new releases with DTS, my collection so far is 137 DVD's with 1 having DTS.

When are we going to see R2 titles coming out with a DTS soundtrack on them? It seems a bit pointless forking out the money for a DTS decoder for 1 DVD.

2. dUnKle

dUnKle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,325
    It is daft I know but again is something that the majority of R2 only peoeple have probably got fed up asking about, along with better quality transfers and more extra features.

I think im correct in saying that in the early days DTS DVDs came directly from the DTS people and this is why they were few and far between but now anybody can release them

I got AMERCAN BEAUTY today on R1 which has a DTS and DD soundtrack so why does the R2 version not ?

3. Gordon

Gordon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Exactly, Duncan.

I think the most anoying thing is the fact that there are DTS soundtracks avaiable for films such as Twister, Out of Sight, T2 etc. So why does the R2 releases not have them?

4. Ono

Ono

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +94
    Gordon

Your Goodmans will not accept NTSC.

I would buy a new TV if I were you. You are missing so much on Region 1 at the moment.

5. pat clancy

pat clancy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    My 28 inch from comet playes r1 no problem

6. Mike Dando

Mike Dando

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings: