1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where's the cheapest place to get a Sanisk 512MB mem stick? (for PSP)

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by Rob20, Apr 27, 2005.

1. Rob20

Rob20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +279
    Any suggestions. Don't want to pay more than £40 really. It's a shame they didn't just use SD cards as a 512MB card can be bought for less than £20 these days with cards as big as 32GB coming out in 2007.

2. owey

owey
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    My brother just bought a 512 mb from Ebay for £28.99 plus £10.49 p&p with no customs chargers. The Ebayer's username is flashman852 and he has a whopping 16733 feedbacks. Pity about the £10.49 p&p but its still within your £40.00 buget :smashin: .

3. harrisuk

harrisuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Be warned, I have used this guy a couple of times before. I have got both items I purchased from him but there were extremely long waits.

He ships from Hong Kong using standard airmail, it took over a month for the Transflash card I purchased from him to arrive. Also he says delivery is normally within 15 days. When it hadent showed up after 24 days I asked for a tracking number / proof of postage. He couldnt provide any.

Even though you are paying for insurance dont expect a replacement if it does go missing in transit, I went down this route with him when it didnt show up - aint going to happen. Good job it showed up eventually :rolleyes:

Good prices though....

4. Rob20

Rob20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +279
    DvdSoon will sell me one for £34, (with my 12% gold member discount). Still, that's only if it gets through customs without tax/handling fee. Had a look on e-bay and found one for £38 inc. del. Will email seller for more details. Am wary of using e-bay as there seem to be so many scams going on. :rolleyes:

5. Rob20

Rob20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +279
    Have decided to get one from DvdSoon. When most ebay sellers are looking for £40, (or £45 with postage insurance, which for some is required), I might as well. If it gets through unnoticed I've got one for £34, if it gets caught it's £45. Plus I'd rather deal with a company I'm familiar with and it helps maintain my Gold member status. Need to spend about $85 or £36 per month to maintain it. Though I am $200 ahead at the moment.

6. BenM

BenM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    They dont have them in stock mate. I've been waiting for a 1GB and my mate has been waiting for his 512MB for 3 weeks now. Orders still showing as Pending with the memory "On Order.

I would be interested to know if you did buy from them and if it has been shipped?

7. paulfoley

paulfoley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +101
    I posted something on this subject last week, hope it helps :

"Went hunting for a 512mb Duo Pro yesterday. Jessops wanted £70, Argos £130, nothing in the UK on ebay. Eventually settled on this store:

http://s1.amazon.co.uk/exec/varzea/...8352419-5414006

Card cost me £37.49 with about £4 for 1st class recorded. It arrived this morning, had a free jacket for devices that like the larger sized Memory Stick & works fine. Just thought I'd pass on my good luck."

:smashin:

8. Rob20

Rob20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +279
    Link no longer works. :(

9. Peridot

Peridot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +285
    I've ordered one from exportexpert on e-bay for £38. Also ships from HongKong.

Very good feedback but one or two negatives have mentioned long delivery times so we'll see.

I wish they used SD too as everything else I have does - but that's Sony for you :thumbsdow

10. Rob20

Rob20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +279
    I've seen SD 512MB cards for £18 or less in the Uk.

11. bingo83

bingo83
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I got mine from Digimen.biz - Around £46 including p+p. Arrived next working day as well.

12. harrisuk

harrisuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    I think I`m going to hold fire. 2 - 4gb cards will hopefully be available at reasonable prices in the next 6 months - There is talk of a USB based card reader as well so you can use other memory card types.

13. Rob20

Rob20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +279
    Why is the mem stick format so much more expensive than the SD format? :confused:

14. Rob20

Rob20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +279
    I caved. Couldn't be arsed to wait for DvdSoon to send me a 512MB card and ordered one yesterday from a company based in the Uk. Not cheap at £47 delivered but they should be shipping today meaning I'll have it by the end of the week. Didn't want to order one off e-bay from Hong Kong only to have to wait weeks or have it go missing. Will just flog the DvdSoon one when it arrives or give it to my mate as a birthday present for his ony camara. He recently went to Brazil and found his 128MB card ran out of space in no time.

15. Rob20

Rob20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +279
    Shipped today 1st class recorded. Should have it tomorrow. Not cheap as I said, but you can't argue with the service. Worth the extra rather than having to wait weeks or months for one. :)

16. recruit

recruit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    I just wanted to ask this question which is sort of on topic, how much memory do i need to convert my DVD's and put them onto the memory sticks?

17. Rob20

Rob20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +279
    Minimum 512MB card I would have said. Fotr a reasonable picture quality.

18. recruit

recruit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers Rob

19. Rob20

Rob20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +279
    Should have had it yesterday, (4th), but the PO 'claim' they tried to deliver it but there was no one in. Even though there were 2 people in at the time. IMO, the postman forgot to deliver the parcel and lied to cover himself. Otherwise he would have left a card. Only found out my PO had it through checking the rec del number on the website. Recenty shipped an item next day at £7 cost that took 2 days recently. Now I have the hassle of claiming the money back. Though it does mean I didn't pay for the del I suppose.

Still, excellent service from Digimen. Ordered on a bank hol, posted next day, arrived day after. Unless they had delivered it themselves there's no way I could have got it any quicker.