1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wheres the bomb?? Halo 2!

Discussion in 'Nintendo Forums' started by adrian3221, Nov 11, 2004.

1. adrian3221

adrian3221

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +42
    Does anyone know where the bomb is in the 1st level of Halo 2? The game wont let me go on until I find it!

2. CrispyXUK

CrispyXUK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    gamefaqs.com

3. Kopite4Ever

Kopite4Ever

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
    Ratings:
    +76
    you cant miss it , its a big spikey thing :)

4. Gary D

Gary D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +826
    Adrian - this doesn't bode well for the next 14 levels :D

Gary

5. JUS

JUS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +212
    hehehe :Grin:

The 1st level of Halo was a bit more tricky with all the corridors etc. Halo2 is a lot simpler, all you've got is keep going. The doors only unlock once you've killed everything so maybe you've missed one of the little blighters. Other than that all you've got to do is keep going. :)

6. Gary D

Gary D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +826
    in some places later on you dont have to kill anything - just leg it!! :D :D

i found myself in a room (well the MC did :D ) with 6 elites and 4 brutes and a weapon that was about as much use as sharpened star fruit - so i just ran!!! 2 checkpoints later i stopped - regained my cool, picked up 2 plasma rifles and killed everything in the room!!

Gary

7. Pooon

Pooon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +731
    i had the same problem, in the room that you last had to fight the Aliens(think they did a runner in a space ship out of the window iirc) there are 2 stes of stairs leading down, their should be some of your marine buddies near by to show you where to go.

8. JUS

JUS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +212
    Yea. Great game. So much happening (gob smacking effects) but I'm felling like I'm on a train and can't get off. Especially after playing Fable. Maybe it'll change in later levels.

9. gavan

gavan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +286

That's exactly how I feel. HALO had you exploring the game world and learning strategies, secrets etc, but so far Halo2 is just like a train ride. There's lovely scenery and it's very comfortable and fast but it just feels like you are being rushed through 'on rails'.

Not a bad game overall, but way short of the greatness of the original and rather a disappointment after the phenomenal levels of hype generated by the publishers and the media.

Gav

10. adrian3221

adrian3221

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +42
    Err.. Yeah, Im not the most naturally gifted gamesplayer but now on the 4th level.(did have to tone the difficulty down to easy though!) Most admit I have enjoyed the single player game so far but not blown away by it yet like the first one did. On Live though its it a different story, eight versus eight on capture the flag - excellent! :clap:

11. MRW

MRW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    That sums it up completely! I can't wait to finish this on heroic, only so that I can play it through on normal and take a bit more time to look around.

Is it just me, or does it seem like you just can't see as much on-screen as in Halo 1? Obviously dual-wield gets in the way, but generally, I have to look up and down a lot more just to see what's going on...

12. dolph

dolph

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    I have to admit - I'm new to Xbox and was originally wowed by the games - however having now played multiplayer it is a completely different ballpark - other than the problem being I'm rubbish -

I can be shooting someone in the back (...and no I'm not ashamed of myself..) and they still seem to have time to turn round and kill me, whereas one shot at me and I seem to die instantly... grrrr.

13. Pooon

Pooon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +731
    andrew - my only tip is to aim higher, that or the Shotgun to the back of the head from 2 feet away seems to do the trick for me :devil:

14. captaineyecatch

captaineyecatch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Yep Bungie altered the field of view and made it alot smaller - it now runs with out any of the nasty slow down that was on Halo - smaller screen less graphics to throw around = no slow down. Try playing a game of Halo 2 and then playing a game of Ghost recon straight after - you will be stunned at how much you can see around you when on GR.

15. johnnyhonk

johnnyhonk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    outside, turn right

16. dolph

dolph

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Just now trying to find a good online guide - seen some for single but with the game being so new I'm just waiting for someone to write up a good multiplayer guide.

17. captaineyecatch

captaineyecatch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Just remember to use use grenades as much as possible - throw them round corners before you go round the corner. Grenades bounce once then blow so they are very useful as an early attack. They wont kill straight away but will take the shield off so a couple of shots will kill. Ammo isnt a problem theres always plenty lying around so use it up its free :D
    Also shoot for the head at mid-close range - you do alot more damage eg 30 SGM shots to body to kill But 24 to head will kill.
    Learn the levels so you know where the Sword and Shotgun are...Try to get to one of them as soon as you can...then patrol near them as other players will also head toards them so you know people will always be coming your way.
    Shotgun is crap at anything over 10m so like the sword its close range only - stand right next to someone and you will kill with one shot.
    Also remember to use the Melee attack(B button) charge someone and empty your clip into them and then bash them with your gun Remember halo 2 has an auto aim even with melee attacks so you should be able to hit him easy enough.

18. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,126
    The covenant carbine is a very potent weapon when directed headwards. Weapon of choice for taking on the brutes who are well feisty on Heroic.

19. dolph

dolph

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Thanks guys - now I just need to find some downloadable images of the maps with where all the weapons are....!

20. dynamic turtle

dynamic turtle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    BTW that particular section of the game, on legendary, is just about impossible in one-player mode.

The first Halo never had you up against 8 grunts, 2 blue elites, 6 red eiltes, 1 blade elite and 1 dual-wield elite at one time. Maybe 2 or 3, but not 10!!

My brother & I are both "black-belt" at Halo and gave up after 3 hours trying to do that particular section in co-op mode.

I have the highest respect for anyone that can get through that section in one player mode (especially as you can't run past it - you HAVE to kill them), for you are truly an awesome individual.

DT