1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where's the best place to pick up 2nd hand PAL Dreamcast games?

Discussion in 'General Video Gaming Chat' started by RL123, Mar 30, 2003.

1. RL123

RL123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I got a 2nd Hand DC a few weeks ago and have been feverishly searching for all those classics. Luckily I've found a lot of the games that I wanted (Virtua Tennis, Craxy Taxi, Soul Calibre etc) and even managed to pick up an official steering wheel and lightgun :clap: So far I've got a pretty collection of 13 games...

But...there are still some games that I can't find. So I'm looking for any e-tailers that are selling good-condition 2nd hand, or new, PAL DC games. I'm mainly looking for Daytona 2001 so if you know somewhere selling this then please let me know. Or if you have a copy for sale then I'll gladly take it :)

Cheers

ps - I'm trying to avoid Ebay so would prefer to buy from websites rather than individuals. I'd buy from many people on here though because I trust them

2. 2manyconsoles

2manyconsoles
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ebay is actually good for DC stuff as a lot of it is unsold stock still sealed - several companies are selling off stock on ebay in fact

most retailers still have DC sections - places like goblin direct, newageconsoles, videogameimports come to mind

3. RL123

RL123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Thanks. I had a quick look at New Age Consoles and VGI.com but didn't see anything that I wanted. There's a few games like Powerstone, Sonic etc but I can probably get them 2nd at my local store.

Goblin haven't got any DC software at all now, just memory cards, leads and pads AFAIK. Couldn't see any on their site anyway

4. JUS

JUS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +211
    I saw Shenmue II in Crawley Game for 4.99 !! Considering it's almost identical to the Xbox (£39?) version I thought it was a blinding deal.

5. RL123

RL123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Nice one. Have to admit I've been VERY lucky with my DC since I got it:

Official steering wheel - £14
    " light gun - £8
    " arcade stick - £25
    " Mouse and Keyboard - £15 the set
    " Rod - £5

Plus I've got most of the AAA games now. There are only a few games that I'm 'missing' tbh - and Shenmue 2 is one of them :laugh:

Still on the prowl for Daytona though so if you know any websites selling it...let me know :)

6. hamtaro

hamtaro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    chipsworld.co.uk have a good range

7. Geezer

Geezer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    Have you looked in computer exchange?

8. anephric

anephric

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +149
    if ur around the midlands Another World (leicester, derby, hanley, notts) still have a pretty decent dc stock: I picked up Daytona for about £6 in there: be warned, tho, the handling on it's well dodgy as they've mucked about with the intuitively playable arcade original. Still, it's worth having but it's disappointing.

gamestation are also good for dc stuff, particularly peripherals: i picked up vmus for £1.99 and a keyboard for 99p!

both of these shops offer import games, mail order, inter-store product search, customer cares (waiting lists for particular items) and online shops -- www.anotherworld.co.uk.

Cash Convertors stores (slightly upmarket pawn shops) also carry dc stock, tho be warned I've often seen copied games and stock in the wrong sleeves etc as their clientelle is often, shall we say, lugubrious.

regards,
    anephric

9. RL123

RL123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Thanks. I don't live anywhere near Another World so I can't use them. I know someone who does though, so I'll ask him to take a look for me.

Daytona was the game that I wanted actually from CEX. I eventually found a copy in Game and I really like it. I agree, the handling is a bit odd, but it's decent with the steering wheel.

Gamestation in Preston has been like my haven for 2nd hand games - I've bought Virtua Tennis, Shenmue 2, Soul Calibur and dozens of DC classics from there :) I've been very lucky with 2nd hand games tbh

10. 50/50

50/50
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    **COUGH Kazaa COUGH **

11. RL123

RL123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    'Where's the best place to pick up 'OFFICIAL' 2nd hand DC games' then...

Were you really stupid enough to suggest pirate copies or am I just imagining that?