Where's the best place to get Region A Blu rays from?

phorenzik

Established Member
Reaction score
As title,
I'm specifically trying to find a good reliable online retailer who will get region A titles to me quickly, and preferably without me having to pay the dreaded customs duty.

Don't get me wrong, I'm perfectly OK with paying the customs if the item arrives in a fair amount of time.
What I'm not OK with is having to wait 2 weeks for delivery followed by 5-6 weeks for it to clear customs, only to be faced with an incorrect duty charge due to Royal Mail's EXACT dollar to pound exchange ratio.

I've had this happen on the last 3 Blu-rays I've ordered.

By the time they arrived they were out in the UK and I'd spent more on them!

Not a fan of Movietyme (long story) but any other recommendations will be grand

Thanks

As title,
I'm specifically trying to find a good reliable online retailer who will get region A titles to me quickly, and preferably without me having to pay the dreaded customs duty.

Don't get me wrong, I'm perfectly OK with paying the customs if the item arrives in a fair amount of time.
What I'm not OK with is having to wait 2 weeks for delivery followed by 5-6 weeks for it to clear customs, only to be faced with an incorrect duty charge due to Royal Mail's EXACT dollar to pound exchange ratio.

I've had this happen on the last 3 Blu-rays I've ordered.

By the time they arrived they were out in the UK and I'd spent more on them!

Not a fan of Movietyme (long story) but any other recommendations will be grand

Thanks

I've had no problems with Axelmusic.

So you want dirt cheap Blu-rays, delivered very quickly, avoiding customs, great customer service, great packaging and you want them when you expect them.

http://www.amazon.com Online Shopping for Electronics, Apparel, Computers, Books, DVDs & more[/url] and keep it under £17.50 or thereabouts.

Otherwise, you have Axelmusic.com (charge on order), Movietyme (I like them) or DVDWorldUSA.com

There are others like http://www.dvdempire.com and no doubt many more but those are the ones I tend to stick (and live with).

You can't watch every Blu-ray the second you get it so work out the most important titles and pay extra for speed, service, packaging etc.

All those shops above offer fast shipping -so pay for it if you want it.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
What you're describing sounds a lot like AxelMusic. They cost a bit more but you're guaranteed no customs charges, customer service is great and I believe they often send out stuff early.

PlayUSA are supposedly shutting down and they also only sell Canadian editions.

Personally I buy almost all of my Region A Blu-rays (except Criterions) from Amazon.com, but then I'm rarely in much of a hurry and usually wait for deals and monitor price drops through Blu-ray.com's price tracker. Some nice deals on there now during Black Friday week.

I've also bought from hdmoviesource.com & bluraysforeveryone.com as well. Bluraysforeveryone is customs friendly, but I can't remember if HDmoviesource is or not

I use amazon.com alot, and never have to wait more than 2 weeks from the time of ordering. 11 days is the average - and I always use the cheapest shipping (but there are 2 faster versions if you want it quicker)

I know you said you don't like movietyme, but I've never had a problem with them

My experiences with DVDWorldUSA so far have been very good, they get titles quite early and they have fast dispatch/delivery times too. Expensive though..

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom