1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where's the best place to get a Poineer 43 XDE

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by bingle, Nov 18, 2004.

1. bingle

bingle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've been scanning the massive database that is the AV Forum for a few weeks and you see this question seems to be a tricky one. John Lewis only stock the FDE and the 50" XDE :( . Fenwick do the 43" XDE but its £3750 at the mo (and i live in Essex).......Obviously the 5 year warrenty that these stores offer is really good...Maybe I'm old fashioned but coz I'm spending so much hard earned cash I'd rather walk into a store and buy it. Though this way of thinking may have to be changed. Does anyone have any suggestions either about shops or internet places I should consider?? I guess this is also a cry for help to all the current 43" XDE owners too- what were your purchasing experiences of the XDE......and is there anywhere else that offers such a great warrenty deal??

Thanks.

2. bingle

bingle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Any advice......please.

3. jaguar

jaguar
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was also reluctant to buy a plasma over the internet.
    I bought the 435 at a local B2B company that sells office supplies&equipment.
    You know, chairs, fax machines and so on.
    It ended up saving me 1200 Euro's compaired to the large audio/video retailers and about 100 Euro's compared to the lowest internet offer.

I have also heard that some internet shop are not offical dealers and the warrenty may be void. I don't know if there is something to that.

4. teoterone

teoterone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    http://www.pricerunner.co.uk/sound-and-vision/vision/tv/232486/prices

Here's a list of prices on the net, it seems like the prices on the PDP 435XDE are dropping everyday, just yesterday Digital Direct was doing them for £2999, now its £2956.99. And about 2 weeks ago it was £3124.99

It just seems a bit odd to me, are prices gonna fall anymore and if so by how much?

5. bingle

bingle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that guys, maybe its worth waiting a while then. THough I am suprised they are dropping so much so soon after its release.

6. bingle

bingle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok.....your def right that's for sure. I've just visited the DD website as you suggested and either I've read it wrong or the price has now dropped to £2887.....maybe I forgot to add tax or something. Why's it dropp so much, any thoughts?

7. teoterone

teoterone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    There's a delivery charge of 69.99 on top of that.

8. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    The price is dropping cos it had a poor review, I think this has affected sales. Also, Pioneer do themselves no favours with their new product release policy. They bouy everyone up, dealers take advance orders, the it takes so long after the 1st delivery date to actually get stock, 1/2 the buyers have made other decisions, gone to other dealers thinking they'd get it sooner, thus placing 2 orders, so Pioneer, when they get their act together, find that they have not sold nearly as many as they thought. Discount deals here we come. I happen to agree with the review, not thrilled with it. It's by no means awful or anything though, just not sex on a stick like the expectation.

9. teoterone

teoterone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    How much lower do you think it will go?

10. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    tough one, the HDE price did the same thing, then actually recovered a bit once supply and demand got matched. I can't predict the same will happen I'm afraid, but it could do.