1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where's the best place to buy a telly (Tosh 36")?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Stevie G, May 15, 2002.

1. Stevie G

Stevie G

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    I've pretty much decided to go for a Tosh 36" picture frame telly (pending wifey's approval......)

Where's the best place to buy one? Because of all the problems some people have had, I want to get it from somewhere that will be helpful if I'm not satisfied (ie get it changed asap without a hastle). We've got an Allders and a Debenhams near to us; do either of them do a price match with online shops, plus offer a 5 year warranty (without extra)?

I had a look in our local Curry's (they won't price match with online stores, and charge muchos for extended warranty's). I wasn;t over impressed with the picture from the rf aerial (compared to the Panny and Sony - the Panny was very good, and the Sony halfway between the Tosh & Panny), so I asked them to connect to something using the scarts, so they [reluctantly] got out a cheapie dvd player (never even heard of the company.....something obscure beginning with O.....!) and I was very impressed with it. I've also got a Tosh DVD with component outs, so that'll improve it even more, so I think this is looking favourite. I think if cabinet size wasn't quite such an issue, the Panny might get the vote (still might from the better half.....!), but I've been 'researching' this all for far too long.....the World Cup starts in just over two weeks!

2. wen

wen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    don't buy from powerhouse, if something is wrong - even in the 28 day come back to store period - they mess you about and they don't do refunds.

wen:mad:

3. Stevie G

Stevie G

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Thanks, that's them off the list then.....!

4. lynx

lynx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +301
    Debenhams customer service is exellent.Haveing bought a DVD player from them it developed a fault and was replaced straight away.After a further 7 months the replacement developed a fault.Debenhams offered another replacement there and then or a full refund.No arguing or attitude.Would purchase from them again.

5. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've had no problems with Comet in the past in terms of refunds and exchanges and the TVs I had had definitely not been ones which had been rejected by other customers (I checked service time and the boxes were also pristine).

Also, John Lewis get much praise on this forum and you'd get a 5 year warranty thrown in as well (although if you can't get a price match you're really paying over the odds for it).

6. joecool

joecool
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    in my opinion don't use currys!! they wouldn't know about customer relations if it came up and bit them on the arse!:mad: but like the murphys i'm not bitter............well may be just a little bit.

7. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0