1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where's my Sync link?

Discussion in 'TAG McLaren Audio Owners' Forum' started by davee, May 19, 2005.

1. davee

davee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Having just introduced a new 32FLRps into my system.. :clap: :clap: (it is truly amazing,) :clap: :clap: :clap: the echo dance sequence in House of flying daggers is quite stunning. but I digress, I cant seem to get the sync link to work. I have connected a phono lead between the avr32 and the flr as per the handbook but when I run the wizard the section that should refer to the sync link doesnt appear. I've read the handbook cover to cover at least 3 times but without any enlightenmant. Any ideas welcome.
    Also out of curiosity, the wizard for the flr is in colour while the wizard for the avr is in monochrome. Is this right?
    Thanks

2. Neale

Neale
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The sync link will only work if you have the cat link cable between your DvD player and your Tag processor

3. Spen69

Spen69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yep, the AV32R menu is glorious monochrome.

Neale is correct about the Cat5 lead between the two units - nothing special, and the PSM units come with one in the box (ha ha, . If you have it already connected, make sure you have removed the shorting pin from the back of the DVD player's sync socket. The lead should also be an anologue connector and go from the sync socekt on the AV32R to the input on the FLR, but i think it doesn't matter too much.

If this doesn't work, get back to us and we'll try and figure it out for you.

Spencer

4. liam_b

liam_b

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    Neale, you do NOT need any 'TAGtronics Bus' connections between units for the TAGtronic Sync Link (T2L) to work, just -

1. as Spencer says, make sure that the shorting plug is removed from the T2L Link IN socket on the back of the DVD32.

2. connect an analog RCA-RCA lead between the SYNC (on AV32) to SYNC IN (on DVD32).

3. power up the AV32 and DVD32, then select the correct input that the DVD32 is connected to, probably DVD? Set TAGtronic Sync Link to ON for the DVD32FLR digital input in the AV32R menu.

If the T2L link is not working properly you will see a messages on the AV32 front display telling you that, it will say 'no TAG Sync Link', if it is working the name of the digital input will change to 'DVD-T2L'.

5. GrahamMG

GrahamMG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +192
    Liam is spot on..... One other thing, connect up the sync link with both units mains off (not in standby)...... If you don't you may have to cycle the mains on both units and then enter the setup menu as Liam suggests. The famous shorting plug is probably claimed another victim here though....

6. davee

davee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    connect up the sync link with both units mains off (not in standby)......
    OK done that,
    make sure that the shorting plug is removed from the T2L Link IN socket on the back of the DVD32
    Had to do that in order to make the connectoin so done that too..
    Now I cant get the av32 menu to come up on screen...
    Grrr. is it just me or is all this really as complicated as it seems :suicide:

7. liam_b

liam_b

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    Davee, this really isn't too complicated at all, the instructions provided with the DVD32 and AV32 need to be followed and then it works, at least thats my experience.

First thing to sort it is your non working MENU on the AV32R, do you see status messages, stuff like 'volume -35.0 dB', onscreen? If not then check that you have a video lead from one of the +OSD video output sockets on the back of the AV32 to your display. Put the display onto the input the AV32 is connected to, check that you can see the status messages, also try the MENU.

Once you can access the MENU you need to choose 'Change Set-up' then 'Input Options' then 'Digital Audio Inputs' then 'DVD' (assuming your DVD32 is connected to DVD input) then 'Sync T2L Link' then use up/down keys to toggle the state to ON then OK, finally press MENU again to exit.

Are you getting a message in the AV32 display window saying 'no TAG Sync Link'?

8. davee

davee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Thanks Liam SORTED :thumbsup: The osd needed another lead from the av32 to the tv. I assumed that with a lead from the dvd32 (svhs in this case) the osd's would be routed from either the av or the dvd depending on which menu was pressed.

"this really isn't too complicated at all"
    Not when its working it not........ :(
    Some people understand what theyre doing, others, me, need diagrams, the sort of thing that Sony, Denon et al excel at in their eye friendly A4 manuals.
    Quick tip, I took a pic of the back panels and printed them off full size. Now when I'm upside down trying to locate the correct socket through a mass of cables at least I know what I'm looking for, :smashin:
    Now I'm off to play some music