where's my svs?

newbie265

Established Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else had this trouble.I ordered my svs a couple of weeks ago,got a call from baxglobal on thursday saying it had arrived at heathrow and cleared customs and I paid the £120 quid for tax etc and would be delivered friday or monday.Got a call friday morning saying it would be last monday.Got a call monday morning saying they had LOST it and he would ring me back that day haven't heard nothing since. :mad: If they don't 'find' where do I stand on my money back, compensation???

Sorry to hear about your loss :thumbsdow ,I'm shure you will get your money/sub back.I would ring them tomorrow and get an answer out of them.I hope they don,t loose mine :rolleyes: .How do you loose a sub :lease: .

Watch out for a new member, probably called BaxMan who will be asking questions on how to set up his new SVS. Unfortunately London's premier airport isn't called Thiefrow for nothing.

Sorry to hear about your problem but would agree with Bob that you should telephone Bax tomorrow and play merry hell with them and ask them what they intend to do about it.

I agree with Ian, these things are huge and you'd have to be the worlds biggest idiot to lose one.

Sorry for your loss but contact Tom at SVS and I think you'll happily find that they are fully insured for the amount paid for shipping and the sub. The only problem I can see is the fact that HM Customs are quick to take money but very slow at giving it back but you will be able to claim it back.

Its all a big inconvienence and I do feel for you. I certainly hope the same doesn't happen to mine which is due in on Thursday at Manchester airport.

Let us know how you get on and I hope its all sorted ASAP.

funkmonkey said:
The only problem I can see is the fact that HM Customs are quick to take money but very slow at giving it back but you will be able to claim it back.

Getting the right form to fill in in the first place is a game in itself I can vouch for that :mad: I'm expecting a payment soon.

I had great service from BAX, called me up 24 hours after the sub landing, they actually called me BEFORE I was going to call them. Arranged delivery for the next working day, and then hey presto, sub arrived :).

My sub also landed at Heathrow, guess I was just lucky, or maybe my purchase opened the eyes of a few people working at the airport? Who knows!

Just thought I'd update you,I phoned Baxglobal today and they said they were still looking for it apparently Air canada have lost it.I have e-mailed Erik b and this was his reply:-

Hey Paul;

If god forbid the box isn't found we will of course cover it 100%. We'd
send you a new one and take a claim up with Bax. I'll see if I can't push
on Bax from our end.

Erik K

Have to say I am very impressed with svs's service as this obviously isn't their fault.I will keep you posted.
Paul

I just wanted to chime in and let everyone know that any damage or loss in shipping would be covered completely by SVS. Well I guess technically, by Bax, (that's what insurance is for) but we would take care of it completely and just send the customer a new unit.

Hopefully it hasn't been stolen from the airport and was just misplaced in the wrong package area and will be found soon, but worst case scenario newbie will just be getting a new sub shipped to him.

If you're impatiaint as me I'm sure you're agonizing right now.
Erikk, yet again you impress me with your customer service by coming on the forum and reassuring us that SVS will ensure the customer isn't penalized for circumastances out of their control.

newbie265 have you had any joy with finding the sub?

Ok folks spoke to erik and they have the heavy mob pressuring baxglobal and if it isn't found by tommorrow they are going to send me another one. :thumbsup:
Their customer service puts a lot of larger companies to shame.

Good news ,i wonder what happened to the first sub then.Looks like someone got a sub on the cheap.I don't think many companies could say its not lost they would just make you wait a lot longer and make you feel like its your fault.The thing i like about svs is that they make you feel like you are there only customer,well done svs.

(Looks on ebay for a cheap svs!!)

Just to let you know I received a call friday saying my replacement had arrived at heathrow and they will be calling me shortly after to sort out tax etc to which I replied I wouldn't pay that as they had lost the first one.He said he'd look into it and get back to me and got a phone call this morning saying they had found the original one and was being delivered first thing.It promptly arrived at 9:30 ,so finally after 5 weeks I have my svs and my god its huge,wait 'till th missus sees it when she gets in from work. :suicide: :rolleyes: :D :D

After all the trouble you had, be sure to let us know if it was worth the wait?

Any news on the latest addition then?

I have a quiet week next week to test it out,haven't got my new speakers yet but will try it with my current sats next week.My wife is having a hard time accepting it at the moment unfortunately.

Sorry to hear that, looking through this thread, I can't remember which model you went for, was it a box or cylinder? Maybe she will warm to it when she hears it!

Its the cylinder pc plus 20-39,I'm hoping once she hears it she'll be converted .After all the trouble I had getting it I hope it won't be up for sale before it seen any action. :suicide:

I see what you mean, something that big might be a shock if she didn't know what was coming!
If you do have to sell it, you probably won't have much trouble, that's a cracking sub!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom