1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where's my post

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by LJT, Mar 18, 2003.

1. LJT

LJT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Several more questions on the PTA E100.
    1) What happened to my last post?
    2)My PTA E100 is aprrox 10feet away from a 33.75"x60" draper screen. Yet I can't get all the bleedin image onto the screen.

I've adjusted the manual zoom a much as possible.
    I called Sound& Vision they told me to shrink the image via the V-posi and the H-posi.
    This did nothing but move the image relative to the screen. As I thought it would.
    Is there another way to scale down the size with out having to move the PJ within 6' of the screen?

3) What would it be ideal to set sky to Letterbox or 16-9. and subsequently what to set the panny too.

Overall though suberb images.

Actually as with my old Philips Hopper SV10. I get superior results from sky in comparison to my Pioneer DV-717 DVD player.

I tried the Godfather II tonight. This was notoriously dark on the Hopper SV10. It was far superior on the panny but the image still drowned in a sea of grey/dark murkon certain scenes. Now I don't get this with the Sky box. Is it the pioneer dvd player has it passed it's prime.

2. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It's here, as is theritz's lengthy answer. Just tidied it up a bit. Duplicate posts in different threads are unnecessary ;)

Nope. The Panasonic is a short throw projector. Ideally get a bigger screen. "Throw altering" lenses are available, but are prohibitively expensive & not justified given the ludricous price of the AE100 now.

AFAIK, not one member here has one. In fact, I'd guess that not one PJ owner here has purchased such a lense.

Best of luck with the PJ though ;)

BTW, can I alter this thread title now that your disappeared post has resurfaced? LMK.