• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Where's my Anytime TV red button?

Agent_Trig

Established Member
For some reason I've never had the new Anytime TV red button appear on my guide page like everyone else.

Any ideas why this is?

Bachstrad

Prominent Member
I believe some older Sky + boxes can't receive Anytime. I have an HD box so I can't tell you the latest version of your software, but if you do have the latest version, then it is probably due to the fact that your box isn't capable of receiving Anytime programs.

ATB

Max

Stephen Neal

Distinguished Member
Isn't it only on the larger capacity Sky + boxes that have a portion of "reserved" space on their hard drive not availabel for user recordings. The original Sky + boxes had smaller hard drives and use the full space for user recordings, so thus have no space for Anytime.

Agent_Trig

Established Member
Isn't it only on the larger capacity Sky + boxes that have a portion of "reserved" space on their hard drive not availabel for user recordings. The original Sky + boxes had smaller hard drives and use the full space for user recordings, so thus have no space for Anytime.

Ahh that'll be mine then... I have one of the first Sky+ boxes with a small HDD :(

Oh well, cheers anyway guys :)

jegan111

Established Member
Yep, only available on boxes that are PVR 3 and newer. I had a PVR2 up till a few weeks ago so now got new box because of fault which has anytime. To be honest its a complete waste of space as far as i'm concerned. The whole point of sky+ is so you can choose which shows to record and the series link button does the rest for you. So far there's been absolutly NOTHING on anytime that i've wanted to watch. You ain't missing out on much in my humble opinion.

slartibarfast

Standard Member
I agree about anytime, what a waste. Why does sky fill up loads of space with movies that I don't subscribe to and I can't view anyway.

It seems to pick the cheesiest programs to save. For instance on the adverts for anytime they specifically mention lost. So why does it never have a recording of it?

Admittedly this is not a big issue yet as I got a V3 box when I upgraded recently and haven't managed to fill the user space up yet. It just seems silly that sky record movies for you that you cannot view.

Broadz

Distinguished Member
Admittedly this is not a big issue yet as I got a V3 box when I upgraded recently and haven't managed to fill the user space up yet. It just seems silly that sky record movies for you that you cannot view.

Every Sky user who has Sky Anytime downloads exactly the same Anytime programmes (though HD users will get HD versions of some programmes and movies, SD users will only get the SD equivalent). Sky aren't going to send you a totally different set of programmes just because you don't subscribe to the movie channels. The reason Sky send you options you don't yet subscribe to is because they hope that you might see a film on Anytime that you do fancy watching, and therefore will subscribe to movies so that you can see it. It is an advertising and marketing tool.

TQS

Established Member
I feel a bit ripped off as i only got my Sky+ box with my new subscription last November -- surely this should be an option to me?

Deputy Dawg UK

Established Member
I have HD downstairs but a skyplus box on multi room upstairs....This must be an older box as there is no 'Anytime' button....I subscribe to all the Sky packages plus multi room and HD what do you think the chances are for Sky to replace my older box....Is it worth a shot ringinging them has anyone had any experiences of this

Cheers

Kev

Col_uk

Standard Member
just a quick one in case you'd not seen it
Services > 6 > enable anytime TV
mine was off by default on my new box if i remember rightly

Col.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom