Where's Everybody Gone?

Spacedeck

Established Member
Reaction score
This may well seem very random but I noticed while browsing that half the posts (on the first page!) contained within this part of the forum are all old posts and have that old post warning sign with them.

Ok I know, Reach has been out what? Over a year now but there doesn't seem to be that spark or demand what I expected from the Halo series.

Ok I am a PS3 gamer mainly and play the likes of CoD which always has a big following. I did think Halo was the equivalent to CoD for the 360 and was a massive game.

I never actually bought a 360 or even got Reach until I bought the Halo 360 console. I did however play Halo 1 and 2 on the original xBox (much preferred it to the PS2) although I never managed to get online with any Halo game until Reach.

Whats made people leave this game so early or has it always been this way?

I assume mostly it's Americans who play this game which is why the sleeping hours we have means it gets pretty busy when we arent around?

I did also notice something, on the MP menu on Reach it says there's 80 thousand people currently online but there is never even 75% of that currently playing. So where and what are the other big number doing?:confused:

I'm just curious, I've always loved Halo games. Has everyone just moved onto other games now?

PS Does anybody know of any good guides or even YouTubers on helping a noob get better?:rolleyes:

Reach multiplayer has held my attention much more than I thought it would and I've spent many hours online on previous Halo releases. The Daily and Weekly Challenges keep me coming back for more and I recently unlocked every armoury item, apart from Haunted which is only available to Inheritor. I never envisioned getting this far when I first started playing it.

With recent releases and completing Reach's armoury, I finally feel I can step away from it to put my play time into other games, such as Battlefield 3, and yesterday was the first day I can think of since release where I haven't attempted any Reach challenges when I've had Xbox time.

So no plans for playing CE again?

I never just stick to one game for the rest of my days. Like to try play a bit of everything from time to time.

I'll definitely play Reach online again, but now that I've finished hunting cR, I still need just under 1m to reach the next rank, I'm putting my time into other games online at the moment.

There's a few of us on here that are huge Halo fans and all enjoyed Reach. However, it's difficult for us all to get on at the same time and we'd rarely have anyone else on our friends list playing the game. Therefore we've looked at playing other games because to be honest no multiplayer game is that great when it's consistently played on your own, particularly one that can be as punishing as Halo.

Yea I guess having people to play with does make a whole big difference and I bet it doesn't help the fact probably more than half of the halo community is little kids trying to t-bag everyone they kill.

There's a few of us on here that are huge Halo fans and all enjoyed Reach. However, it's difficult for us all to get on at the same time and we'd rarely have anyone else on our friends list playing the game. Therefore we've looked at playing other games because to be honest no multiplayer game is that great when it's consistently played on your own, particularly one that can be as punishing as Halo.
This is true, especially when the randoms start quitting.

Yea I guess having people to play with does make a whole big difference and I bet it doesn't help the fact probably more than half of the halo community is little kids trying to t-bag everyone they kill.
I don't t-bag anyone (unless I know them), no, the only childish thing I do is to try and yoink a certain person's assassinations every chance I get... ...just because the reaction is hilarious... :D:rotfl:

I still occasionally dip into Firefight on a Thursday, but mainly for the challenges. Gaming time is a bit limited at the moment from ploughing all my efforts into decorating my shiny new flat.

I've never really tried or done any Firefight. What's it all about?

Also when it says in the MP Menu 80 thousand player online and shows only a handful playing. Does the 80 thousand got accross the whole of the Halo games so isn't just reach's playerbase at 80 thousaand?

I think it's just Reach. There was a time when it showed a straight 50,000 and then people suspected that Bungie were fiddling the population figures.

Firefight is you and three others going up against increasing waves of enemies.

Firefight Arcade:
The matchmaking games last for 3 rounds, each round has 5 waves plus a bonus wave at the end. Usually have infinite lives and loads of big weapons so it's quite good fun.

Firefight Classic (is this still running?):
You start with a set number of lives, limited ammo and have to see how long you can last.
This was how Firefight was done in Halo: ODST.

There's also Firefight Doubles where you and another player go through 3 rounds/15 waves, or Score Attack where you are on your own.

Will look into doing some of that tonight. Does it reward well for Cr?

At the moment I can average bewteen 600-1100 Cr a game. But i do only play Team Slayer, Living Dead(?) and Invasion.

If a game of Firefight goes for the full duration which is 15 mins, you could walk away with 3000ish+ cR, plus whatever you get in the jackpot.

The way cR's are awarded is a bit of a mystery, seems to me that the longer a game goes on for, the more credits you get.

I could be imagining that though.

But you get more cR from things such as kills?

One thing which annoys me is sometimes hwne playing Living Dead, at the end of the game I will get betrayed by my own team mate. Does this affect me. Deaths total? I would understand if the person doing the betrayal had -1 kill on his overall score but wouldn't make any sense if we also get punished for it.

The Anniversary playlist was much more generous with its post game cR than the regular Reach ones last week. I'm not sure if this is still the case though.

One thing which annoys me is sometimes hwne playing Living Dead, at the end of the game I will get betrayed by my own team mate. Does this affect me. Deaths total? I would understand if the person doing the betrayal had -1 kill on his overall score but wouldn't make any sense if we also get punished for it.

This happens in every game mode and is most annoying in Invasion, because the round/match isn't over until the announcer says so, not the exact moment when the core has been captured.

I like booting people who betray on purpose, but the betrayal booting system needs work.

Well I admit I do accidental betrayals and there is certain modes it is pretty hard not to do betrayals such as Fireball.

How long has the game been broke with the kicking system and stuff? I assume we will see no more up updates for Reach as behind the scenes surely they are trying hard to reate Halo 4.

I've also noticed lad sadly with shouldn't be a problem with 50 meg tunning through Ethernet.

Is there any reason why Anniversary hasn't taken off? Surely the old CE style would bring people back?

I played regularly for a year - got bored eventually. Poor maps didn't help. I thought armour abilities really ruined the multiplayer aspect, hate jetpack. Enjoyed the Zero Bloom playlists though.
Thought I'd have a change and a give MW3 a go since I've never played a COD game.

Thinking of picking Anniversary...Or maybe BF3.

Is there any reason why Anniversary hasn't taken off? Surely the old CE style would bring people back?
I believe those that have not played it don't realise how original it is. By that I mean how much it feels like the original Halo. Despite it running off Reach, it is completely different and the little I played of the multiplayer I thought it was very good.

Just to get an overall overview of the Los of players in Reach I was just wondering, at Halo's prime. Which would be what? Halo 2 or 3? How many players could you have expected to be online Compared to Reach having less than 100k

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom