Where's best to import games from? I want uncensored The Last of Us PS4.

Waynej

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok, so it's been a while since I've imported games. Back in the day I bought a few games from Play Asia, asian copies on the cheap, and they would the value down on the packet to avoid import charges.

Is Play Asia still a good option? I also recall Videogamesplus.ca being popular too, and have had someone recommend them recently. Anyone had any recent experience importing, and whether import charges are an issue or do some sites still mark the value down?

I'm specifically wanting to import a U.S. copy of The Last of Us Remastered on PS4. Much like the UK PS3 version I expect the PS4 version will have its multiplayer censored yet again.

Sony censored it in the EU, more or less due to Germany, and their strict gaming regulation board.
Nothing's ever really been said about it though, bar it wasn't Naughty Dog, solely, and Sony ordered it carried it out because:

"The gore and violence ratings are subject to local regulatory boards in various countries, so the game must be slightly changed in order to accommodate those choices,"

Sony censored it in the EU, more or less due to Germany, and their strict gaming regulation board.
Nothing's ever really been said about it though, bar it wasn't Naughty Dog, solely, and Sony ordered it carried it out because:

"The gore and violence ratings are subject to local regulatory boards in various countries, so the game must be slightly changed in order to accommodate those choices,"
so if was to buy the uk version of TLOU it would be censored ,
but as im going to buy the DD version from the US store , it wont be ?

Correct

Ok, so it's been a while since I've imported games. Back in the day I bought a few games from Play Asia, asian copies on the cheap, and they would the value down on the packet to avoid import charges.

Is Play Asia still a good option? I also recall Videogamesplus.ca being popular too, and have had someone recommend them recently. Anyone had any recent experience importing, and whether import charges are an issue or do some sites still mark the value down?

I'm specifically wanting to import a U.S. copy of The Last of Us Remastered on PS4. Much like the UK PS3 version I expect the PS4 version will have its multiplayer censored yet again.
I could import it for you at cost. But keep in mind I won't get any shipping discounts or pretty much any discounts because I'm not a retailer.

so what would be difference with the two versions ?
I really couldn't tell ya. I haven't played either. First I've heard about one being censored too tbh.

On the original PS3 version, when you executed someone with the pistol for example, their head, well, it was a chunk of steak left on a stick really..! :laugh:
Same went with the bombs, you blew most of their 4 limbs off, in a splurge of smoke and claret.!

Apart from that, and a tad more blood, no other differences at all.
You get over it quite quickly.
Single player wasn't touched, from memory.

But for the PS3, all DLC was region locked, same with servers(from memory, all you got was annoying americans to play with!)

And no-one knows about the PS4 version..maybe they have seen sense this time, maybe not.!

Videogamesplus.ca are reliable though.

Last edited:
Most of the time the UK is not censored, it only happens when they do not do two separate EU, UK versions. Germany is the country of issue and it rarely effects the UK but it did with TLOU.

Wolfenstein is censored in Germany so you won't see any swastika symbols or hear the word Nazi. But the UK is fine.

Pesky Germans. Diving all over the place and now this.

I always thought The Last of Us multiplayer was peer to peer, hence the dodgy games at times.

If I buy the US version will I still be able to play with my UK friends? Most also intend to import the game as well, they figure they may as well to get that something extra over their UK PS3 copies instead of just better visuals.

I'd think you'd need an Asian copy as USA will have a different region lock

Games them selves might not be, but I thought any DLC was region locked.

Games them selves might not be, but I thought any DLC was region locked.
Not likely to be an issue. This is a port of a PS3 game and as such all the DLC has already released and is included as part of the PS4 game.

afaik it is because they release one version for all of the EU not one edition per country in the EU from the people i have spoke to, they said it doesn't make any difference as i was bothered about it aswell.

it would still be good if the original question was answered! were is the best and cheapest place to import physical disks from in the states for future reference?

Last edited:
Might be worth a try on the dreaded US version of ebay. I got my copy of South Park from there pretty much mint for $25.

Germanys a real pain in the backside when it comes to censorship. Last Of Us, South Park & hassle with being able to download games at certain times on the Nintendo store with adult games. Another reason to leave Europe???

Where's the best place to get Japanese games?

I used to use Play Asia, but they starting doing funny stuff with shipping games to the UK.
Lik Sang went under i think?
So not sure now...

On the original PS3 version, when you executed someone with the pistol for example, their head, well, it was a chunk of steak left on a stick really..! :laugh:
Same went with the bombs, you blew most of their 4 limbs off, in a splurge of smoke and claret.!

Apart from that, and a tad more blood, no other differences at all.
You get over it quite quickly.
Single player wasn't touched, from memory.

But for the PS3, all DLC was region locked, same with servers(from memory, all you got was annoying americans to play with!)

And no-one knows about the PS4 version..maybe they have seen sense this time, maybe not.!

Videogamesplus.ca are reliable though.
Jeez I think mp is pretty brutal already and I'm no prude. In mp interrogation mode when you go for the interrogation it makes my stomach lurch.... Or executing with the 2 x 4.... That's gotta smart!

Jeez I think mp is pretty brutal already and I'm no prude. In mp interrogation mode when you go for the interrogation it makes my stomach lurch.... Or executing with the 2 x 4.... That's gotta smart!
I'm also a big Gears of War nut so am used to exploding heads with gushes of blood in my multiplayer.

I did get the US digital version of TLOU on PS4, and put together a video; from the start you will see headshots with heads popping off, and at the 1-min mark is the glorious Shotgun execution.

Please disregard the naff music, I was experimenting with PS4's editor.

I find gears a little different as it's Sci fi. I know there are zombies in lou but the way joel kills humans is nasty. I have been playing grounded so less.use of weapons and more unarmed when I have and the beat.downs he gives are so real esp with the noises. Head Stamping makes me wince. I'm in no way saying it's bad, just real. It's a bit like watching jackals when it goes wrong - compulsive viewing in a slightly sickened way :)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom