where's Akira?

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by gargoyle, Oct 20, 2001.

1. gargoyle

gargoyle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    For the past few months, I'v checked 'Play 247's site for news about the imminent release of 'Akira' so when play indicated that it was available a month or so back, I decided to order a copy but two months later, I'm still minus the film- I'm aware that the dvd has already been released as my friends just managed to get the special (tin case) edition- but this is getting ridiculous- is this a problem with play or are other dealers having problems with getting stock in?
    I'v always had nothing but praise for play and am committed to buying from them on a regular basis but if any other retailers are selling it, I'd like to know cos I need a copy asap. :confused:

2. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    You mean R1? Just seen a copy of it in Taiwan ...

3. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,861
    Gargoyle,

If Play haven't got you a Limited Tin Edition by now, then I think there is almost no chance of you getting it, as it's sold out. Most e-tailers sold out, within days of the official release date.

However, Play screwed things up by not ordering enough copies of the Tin Edition even for those who'd pre-ordered it! Duh!!!

It is unlikely you'll be able to get hold of a copy now, though you could try sites like Ebay. The only downside, is that any copies for sale, will be extortionately priced!

At the moment, you can only get the "Akira: Limited Edition" which is the same as the Tin, but with the 2 DVD's in a regular Amaray case, and a movie-only edition.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. For more info, check out the thread labelled something like "Akira" in this very forum, from about 2 months ago. You'll see many other Home Cinema Choice fans comments on the film, the DVD itself, and the way some companies didn't really do very well with their pre-ordering!

The links you need are:

Akira Tin from Play 24/7

Where can I get Akira?

Pooch

[ 22-10-2001: Message edited by: PoochJD ]