• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Where where where are the DS Tactics games?

Tetlee

Distinguished Member
I don't know, the GBA really heralded the return of som e quality turn-based tactics games with some fantastic releases such as Tactics Ogre, Final Fantasy Tactics, Fire Emblem, Reblestar & a load of other reasonable efforts such as Ominusha Tactics.

Now when I fist read about the capabilities of the DS with touchscreen, I was grinning from ear to ear at the prospect of updates to these classic games, using the touch screen on such games was going to be a match made in heaven:D

Then I noticed Vadal Hearts(one of my all time faves) on the release scedule under the simple name Vandal Hearts DS, I got even more excited!

Now here we are, must be two years in, and it seems like the PSP has taken over the Tactics RPG games with none of that ilk on the DS:confused: Started out with some mediocre titles such as Lord of the Rings Tactics, but now they have Dungeons & Dragons Tactics & a newly announced Final Fantasy Tactics:eek: Then of course they have some Nippon Itch titles coming.

I'm just a bit surpised, after Nintendo were leading the march on these types of games a few years ago on the GBA, here they are with the perfect platform in the form of the DS, and yet even Vandal Hearts DS appears to have been dropped with no other similar titles announced for the future.

As much as I love my DS Lite, I really wish they'd get at least one of these games in production. Not regretting selling my PSP but I can't help but feel gutted they seem to have taken over from Nintendo as publishing all of the Tactics games.

I know we have some games like Advance Wars & Age of Empires DS, but those are more strategy & not really the type of games I'm talking about, those who love the games I mentioned earlier will surely know what I mean.

Please someone, tell me you've heard of a game that fits that bill that is planned for the DS:lease:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom