Where warm to go in holiday for a week?

colinwheeler

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi all,:hiya:

I need to get away for a week (in two to three weeks time) and when talking to the wife drew a blank where to go. I has to be warm and sunny and have some stuff for the wife to do as she is not a lie on the beach type. This means that the Maldives are out. South Africa is out too as my drivers license cannot be used there anymore and I don't have my British one yet.

So, any suggestions?

Hmmm, good suggestion (really want to do Spain or Italy later in the year) but warmer would be better at the moment. I am sort of looking for the step just under "Good Morninging Vietnam" hot. Also my wife just came back from Thailand this week so that area of the world is also out.

Depends on what you like to do but if your are interested in history, how about Egypt or Mexico?

Touring around the south western deserts in the USA is great.

Red Sea, Egypt. :)

stealther said:
Ditto that man!:)

I should be going again in the next few months. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Any of the Canary Islands (Teneriffe, Lanzarote, etc) would be great this time of year, and only a 4 hour flight away ! :thumbsup:

Nick_UK said:
Any of the Canary Islands (Teneriffe, Lanzarote, etc) would be great this time of year, and only a 4 hour flight away ! :thumbsup:

Pretty much a beach holiday through and the OP said he did not want that.

Okay, thanks guys for the great suggestions:

1. Red sea area is still a bit cold at this time of year. I was out there last year this time for diving in Sharm which was great but still a bit nippy.

2. Canary Islands sounds like an idea, will check the weather. We enjoyed Malta loads and I presume they are sort of the same size. Is is just the Maldives Islands that I want to go to are just beach and diving for me more than a bit of cultural sight seeing that the wife will want.

3. Argentena, I would love to go! I really want to go! Too far for one week though.

4. Mexico, hmmmm, good suggestion!

5. Desert States of the US, also good suggestion!

Thinking along these lines could anybody suggest somewhere like Belize or Aruba?

Also has anybody been away with Sandals and are they just beach holidays or are there other things to do?

Skegness - the chip shops are always warm.

colinwheeler said:
Okay, thanks guys for the great suggestions:

1. Red sea area is still a bit cold at this time of year. I was out there last year this time for diving in Sharm which was great but still a bit nippy.

2. Canary Islands sounds like an idea, will check the weather. We enjoyed Malta loads and I presume they are sort of the same size. Is is just the Maldives Islands that I want to go to are just beach and diving for me more than a bit of cultural sight seeing that the wife will want.

3. Argentena, I would love to go! I really want to go! Too far for one week though.

4. Mexico, hmmmm, good suggestion!

5. Desert States of the US, also good suggestion!

Thinking along these lines could anybody suggest somewhere like Belize or Aruba?

The Maldives is my favourite place to visit I really want to go back asap.

How about trying Mauritus or the Seychelles. :)

Bat-man said:
Skegness - the chip shops are always warm.

Loads of arcades and penny machines too. ;)

I have not done much of England, more Wales and Scotland but think I would rather wait for the 3 days of summer that we have for this year.:rolleyes:

colinwheeler said:
I have not done much of England, more Wales and Scotland but think I would rather wait for the 3 days of summer that we have for this year.:rolleyes:

Your doing the right thing by going away mate. :)

If you're thinking of the Canaries, then Teneriffe is the best bet if you're not "lounge on the beach" types. There's more to do there. A trip up Mount Teide is unforgettable (if you don't mind cable cars), and you can go whale and dolphin spotting or diving on the south of the island. Because Teneriffe is a small island, getting around is no problem because nowhere is more than a 2 hour drive away. Playa De Las Americas is renowned for its night life, and it's a great family resort during the day, too.

Slightly off topic but did anyone see the Holiday swap program where a family from BRISTOL go every year to BRISTOL for thier hoilidays. Absolutely crazy people they have been doing it for over 15 years. :suicide:

They thought Bristol was the Bees Knees and couldnt understand why anyone would want to go anywhere else. :suicide: :suicide: :suicide:

That's great!

Me and wife never saw eye to eye on Mexico as there was too much to see for her so I could see myself on a week long forced march:thumbsdow. However Canary Islands sound like a good idea. Some stuff to see, can focus and spend some time on things. Not that expensive. Guess the other option will be somewhere in the Caribean. So, narrowed down to a choice of two. Result, thanks guys, these things normally take me years to come to a decision.

Razor said:
Slightly off topic but did anyone see the Holiday swap program where a family from BRISTOL go every year to BRISTOL for thier hoilidays. Absolutely crazy people they have been doing it for over 15 years. :suicide:

They thought Bristol was the Bees Knees and couldnt understand why anyone would want to go anywhere else. :suicide: :suicide: :suicide:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I guess that is called expanding your horizons? Although, hey, different strokes for different folks. Nah, still :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Yeah i saw it, the poor kids :eek:

Try Florida this time of year,(very cheap) around 80 degrees most days, fly drive and the world's your oyster....

bobsplace said:
Yeah i saw it, the poor kids :eek:

Try Florida this time of year,(very cheap) around 80 degrees most days, fly drive and the world's your oyster....

Thats what I thought, Poor Kids... :(

Florida is always a winner. :clap: :clap: :clap:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom