Where to watch the olympics opening in 5.1 surround

alitech

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I recorded it only to find out that someone deleted it from my sky player. I want to watch the ceremony again in 5.1. Any ideas where I will be able to do that?

I saw it on Sky Anytime in 3D, but I dont have 3D TV and it was also in stereo only.

I cant seem to find a 5.1 version anywhere online. Found a torrent for it, that too was only stereo. Only the live version was 5.1 from what I know.

Any ideas?

I didn't know there'd been any 5:1 audio with it.
I don't see the point of it anyway, as the bucket-banging and shriek-singing drowned everything.

If you're a member on TheBox there is a 720p 5.1 rip up there.

TheBox.. hmmm first i have heard of it. Lets investigate.

The 5.1 on the live event was spectacular, dont know what you are talking about logiciel.

theres a 66gb feed on tinterweb :)

I was talking about people banging buckets, E Glennie who's usually good apparently going crazy, and several people who were supposed to be singing actually shrieking at the tops of their voices, right up to P McCartney who couldn't even make success of a great song - and I could have mentioned the absysmal and almost inaudible commentary.
You asked about audio so I didn't mention the video and that was certainly spectacular, though not very interesting.

Last edited:
logiciel said:
You asked about audio so I didn't mention the video and that was certainly spectacular, though not very interesting.

Very much a matter of opinion.

the Beeb will likely put out a DVD, at a nominal cost, later on for license payers entertainment.

luggsie

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom