• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Where to watch the olympics opening in 5.1 surround

alitech

Prominent Member
I recorded it only to find out that someone deleted it from my sky player. I want to watch the ceremony again in 5.1. Any ideas where I will be able to do that?

I saw it on Sky Anytime in 3D, but I dont have 3D TV and it was also in stereo only.

I cant seem to find a 5.1 version anywhere online. Found a torrent for it, that too was only stereo. Only the live version was 5.1 from what I know.

Any ideas?

logiciel

I didn't know there'd been any 5:1 audio with it.
I don't see the point of it anyway, as the bucket-banging and shriek-singing drowned everything.

alitech

Prominent Member
TheBox.. hmmm first i have heard of it. Lets investigate.

The 5.1 on the live event was spectacular, dont know what you are talking about logiciel.

logiciel

I was talking about people banging buckets, E Glennie who's usually good apparently going crazy, and several people who were supposed to be singing actually shrieking at the tops of their voices, right up to P McCartney who couldn't even make success of a great song - and I could have mentioned the absysmal and almost inaudible commentary.
You asked about audio so I didn't mention the video and that was certainly spectacular, though not very interesting.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom