• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Where to watch Star Wars in a hurry?

DrPhil

Distinguished Member
I know I've left it a little late, but what's the easiest way I can watch the original 3 trilogy (not the poopy prequels) in advance of my trip to the cinema tomorrow night to watch the new film?

Can't find them anywhere locally on dvd. Can't find an ultraviolet code for sale.

Doesnt seem to be available on Sky as a purchase, although if I'm stuck I suppose I can add Sky Movies for a month and then cancel again.

Are there no legitimate ways to buy these online?

RicksonGracie1972

Distinguished Member

IronGiant

Damn. I thought I might have some codes for you, but the disk set I have didn't come with them.

shodan

Distinguished Member
Netflix and Unblock-Us?
Google play store?
Borrow from a friend or colleague?
Go buy them?

IronGiant

Dr Phil does have Sky, I'm fairly sure...

nheather

Distinguished Member
I thought everyone on here would have at least one copy of the boxset.

Do you not know anyone locally that has a copy you could borrow.

Cheers,

Nigel

Rorifett

Distinguished Member
I don't have a copy of the boxset. Did watch them via Sky recently though, legitimacy costing you here Dr P

imightbewrong

Distinguished Member
Looks like it - £10 a pop on Google

upload_2015-12-18_16-20-21.png

IronGiant

£10.99 a go on Sky store with the DVD sent on. You could stream them in "HD" now and have the disk sent to you. That would be ~£33. You seem to have committed to 138 euros.

Can you cancel and go for Sky Store? or is this a nefarious way of getting Sky Sports for Six Months past Mrs Phil ;)

Member 55145

Distinguished Member
TBH i'm not sure why anyone who would want to watch the new one at the cinema doesn't already own a copy.
I have them on DVD and Blu-Ray and I don't even like them very much and don't feel the need to go watch it at the cinema either..... But I am mental apparently (Verified by at least two members of AVF)

Rock Danger

Distinguished Member
Three.

imightbewrong

Distinguished Member
TBH i'm not sure why anyone who would want to watch the new one at the cinema doesn't already own a copy.
I have them on DVD and Blu-Ray and I don't even like them very much and don't feel the need to go watch it at the cinema either..... But I am mental apparently (Verified by at least two members of AVF)

Because not everyone has an obsession with owning discs? :) I only own it as I think the kids will rewatch it - it is one of very few non-cartoon discs I have - another being The Dark Knight for its awesome demo factor. Also own Lawrence of Arabia for similar reasons.

DrPhil

Distinguished Member
You seem to have committed to 138 euros.
There isn't a minimum contract. I just need to give 30 days notice so basically only a 1 month monthly term. It's €23 a month for 6 months maximum but I can cancel any time. That said I'll probably keep it for the 6 months anyway.

I can live without Sky Sports anyway, I have BT sports already. I can't do without that as they have the UFC contract.

Member 55145

Distinguished Member
Because not everyone has an obsession with owning discs? :) I only own it as I think the kids will rewatch it - it is one of very few non-cartoon discs I have - another being The Dark Knight for its awesome demo factor. Also own Lawrence of Arabia for similar reasons.
I prefer disc rather than digital copy when it comes to Movies.
However I am happy with digital copy games on Xbox one and won't buy the discs.

Just been watching the force awakens trailer which I have ignored, it actually looks quite good and relieved George has been kept away from it. Now I fancy watching the originals and handily have them on disc to grab and watch :devil:

There isn't a minimum contract. I just need to give 30 days notice so basically only a 1 month monthly term. It's €23 a month for 6 months maximum but I can cancel any time. That said I'll probably keep it for the 6 months anyway.

I can live without Sky Sports anyway, I have BT sports already. I can't do without that as they have the UFC contract.
Normally when you change your contract with sky they sign you into a new 12 month contract.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom