1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where to view a AE700 in Beds\Herts ?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Dunkwho, Nov 22, 2004.

1. Dunkwho

Dunkwho

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    Any thoughts here on where I can travel to for a view of a panasonic ae700 running? We (me & SWIMBO) spent 30mins\1hr in sevenoaks watford looking at an infocus 4805 and decided DLP isn't for us (rainbow :( ) ... the ae700 is the next one on the list. My main requirement is a 234 diagonal throw from 4m when mounted on the opposite wall ... the 700 has great positional options and shows a good fc on the projector central calculator from that distance. Hitachi PJTX100 is also on the list but doesn't give me the option of going down 1 screen size (234 is kinda on its limit) if I need to before re-jiggling the lounge arrangement!

I'm in Dunstable, Beds - so Luton\Watford\Milton Keynes\St Albans\etc would be good. Have you seen a 700 running somewhere near me ???? :D

Looking for a good supplier too, maybe someone who runs LCD checks, "home audition" approach - not sure if forum rules allow that type of recommendation?

2. Ekko Star

Ekko Star

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +468
    Not sure any supplier positively advocates "home auditions". But Demo'ing is a good thing !

Probably nearest to you is HiSpek in St Albans I would guess. They have a room set up, not ideal light conditions but it'll give you an idea.

3. DEANO-B

DEANO-B
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Reading from the Panny instruction manual you will only get from 4.6M back a 150" picture

4. Dunkwho

Dunkwho

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    umm ... 234cm diag = 92", according to the pc.com website that should be possible with a throw anywhere between 3.25m and 5.65m?

any chance you could check that in the manual for me Deano (have we crossed wires somewhere)?

Ta
    Duncan

5. DEANO-B

DEANO-B
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Sorry mate thought we were talking inches!

6. markbingo

markbingo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +124
    I live in Huntingdon, and I couldn't find anywhere that was able to demo a 700 to me before I bought. So I ended up buying blind, just trusting my extensive homework !!

I am pushing out a 100" image from 4.5 meters. I have it mounted on my
    back wall on a very nice (almost made to measure!) shelf.

I've had mine for about 3 weeks now, and it is Superb. Very very happy.

If you find yourself near me, and want to drop in for a view, let me know.

Good luck

Mark

P.S. I bought mine across the web, they did a pixel check before sending it too me.