Where to send a Game Show Idea?

Pincho Paxton

Ex Member
Reaction score
I have created the ultimate Game Show, and am almost ready to pitch it. I have contacted the BBC, and have filled in a commission form. But it always helps if you know the right people, in the right places. There are quite a few people who work in television on this forum...So are there any agents on here, who would be interested in a Game Show idea?

Or other ideas of what I might do..

I have created the ultimate Game Show, and am almost ready to pitch it. I have contacted the BBC, and have filled in a commission form. But it always helps if you know the right people, in the right places. There are quite a few people who work in television on this forum...So are there any agents on here, who would be interested in a Game Show idea?

Or other ideas of what I might do..

The rubbish bin?

this should be a fun thread :D

can fit you inbetween mock the week or Eastenders :D

£500,000 should just about do it , you get 10% off if you pay for your TV license too :smashin:

this should be a fun thread :D
I agree, I'm going to get a brew and settle down with this. Anyone want anything while I'm up?

If this has anything to do with hexagons, Bob Holness already beat you to it...

Attachments

• bob.jpg
    bob.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 217
Last edited:
If the whole 19 yards is anything to go by, any concept for a game show would be worthy of consideration.

To get the ball rolling, what is the general outline idea? :smashin:

Last edited:
....just sitting and waiting.....

You may as well publish the full idea here - if someone steals it and it gets made then you would have a rock solid case to sue them on the basis you would have public evidence of its existence!

If you submit it to them to review in private then what evidence do you have? Noel Edmonds is probably stealing your idea right now.

Pincho, pitching it to the BBC is like pitching a movie to Blockbusters. You should go direct to production companys that are already making big game shows. The makers of Deal or no Deal for example.

I'm just thinking about this scene from The Office

Neil: Read the beginning of your report to Jennifer.
David: Imagine a world where Noel's House Party meets Telly Addicts. You've just imagined "Upstairs Downstairs"; a new gameshow hosted and devised by David Brent.
Neil: I'm sorry David, I just don't understand this. It makes...
David: Well it's quite straightforward - the contestants go upstairs and get a clue and...
Neil: No not the gameshow!

If the whole 19 yards is anything to go by, any concept for a game show would be worthy of consideration.

To get the ball rolling, what is the general outline idea? :smashin:

Well the game has two current titles (Not sure which sounds better)..

Sliding Scores

and...

Powerslide

And the idea was to have a random game of chance, but then add some skill to it. Thus enticing a larger market of viewers. Basically a game that anyone can play, but with rules that allow some basic thinking. The game also Captures you with a unique set of props that are designed to draw you to the TV screen.. Boxes that metamorph before your eyes to reveal clues..

Pincho, pitching it to the BBC is like pitching a movie to Blockbusters. You should go direct to production companys that are already making big game shows. The makers of Deal or no Deal for example.

Endemol work in-house, and don't allow pitches. A production company is where you go, but an agent is better. Couldn't find any agents however.

Well the game has two current titles (Not sure which sounds better)..

Sliding Scores

and...

Powerslide

And the idea was to have a random game of chance, but then add some skill to it. Thus enticing a larger market of viewers. Basically a game that anyone can play, but with rules that allow some basic thinking. The game also Captures you with a unique set of props that are designed to draw you to the TV screen.. Boxes that metamorph before your eyes to reveal clues..

I've got it - I think...

Does it involve slides?

If this has anything to do with hexagons, Bob Holness already beat you to it...

:rotfl::smashin::rotfl::rotfl:

I've got nothing much to add other than I eagerly await hearing the idea.

p.s. endemol make almost every game show i can think of so give their website a scout for someone to get hold of.

edit: just seen the posts above, endemol seem useless then, fair enough.

Anyway. I'm currently working on a Computer Game version that will be both playable, and descriptive of each stage. I could actually do with a voice-over for the game, so if anybody has a cool accent.. that would be helpful. My Cannock accent is not quite right for it.

Anyway. I'm currently working on a Computer Game version that will be both playable, and descriptive of each stage. I could actually do with a voice-over for the game, so if anybody has a cool accent.. that would be helpful. My Cannock accent is not quite right for it.

let me just stop you right there :nono:

unfortunatly i'm out

Attachments

• Dragons-Dent-Duncan-Bannatyne.jpg
    Dragons-Dent-Duncan-Bannatyne.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 112

Sir Patrick Stewart?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom