Where to sell SFX magazine collection?

lmccauley

Where to sell SFX magazine collection?

I have every SFX magazine going back to around 1996, and they are now just taking up room. I'm never going to reread them so want to get rid. It seems a shame to just recycle them all, so I was wondering if anyone knew of anywhere that might take them. I can't be bothered with the hassle of selling each one individually on somewhere like eBay, so would ideally be looking to offload them all at once.

DrapedInDarkness

Distinguished Member
Not trying to be negative, but I had the same issue a few years back and even offering them for free found no takers :(

That included the local hospitals and surgeries who prefer the odd issues dontated every so often instread of a big drop off.

aVdub

Distinguished Member
Probably not the only one that thought the title said SEX Magazines :rotfl:

Be lucky to give them away with Ebay being one option I would consider in bulk, with collection or own courier arranged.

Greg Hook

Moderator & Reviewer
As others have said, you won't get any money for these.
Chances are you won't even get someone to take them for free.

Offer them as a job lot for collection and see if someone takes them for free.
Alternatively you could collate them into covers that match TV shows, such as Buffy etc and see if anyone wants them then.

Laureline

Probably not the only one that thought the title said SEX Magazines :rotfl:

Be lucky to give them away with Ebay being one option I would consider in bulk, with collection or own courier arranged.

They used to like putting the person on the cover in front of the 'F' so that a glance would make you think it did say 'SEX'

OP, do SFX still have a Classified Section in the back ? It's most likely an actual reader would be interested.

RebelScum

They used to like putting the person on the cover in front of the 'F' so that a glance would make you think it did say 'SEX'
yeah, as much as I love my science fiction and fantasy, it was cringeworthy the way they tried to get in on the lads mags market, it screamed of nerds trying way too hard to be cool.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Anthem AVM 70 Review, EQing Your Home Cinema Sound System and More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom