Where to sell AV equipment?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by everybest, Dec 27, 2006.

1. everybest

everybest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I looked through the forum and couldn't find a better place to post this, so excuse me if this is in the wrong section.

I am trying to sell some audio equipment, and I'd appreciate it if I could get some advice on where to sell it. I have a subscribed account at Audiogon and an ebay account with good ratings (100+), so I was debating between Ebay, Audiogon Auctions, Audiogon Classified, or possibly even someplace else if anybody has any ideas.

Also, I looked through the trade section; Why is it that everybody here is from the UK? There's nothing wrong with that but I don't think I've seen forums so region specific before, especially on something as widespread as AV equipment.

2. mikim

mikim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +183
    Hi there,

You can sell on this forum (AVForums), see: HERE

Have a read of the forum selling rules first, but it's fairly self explanatory :)

Cheers,
    mik

3. everybest

everybest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the reply. I saw the forums, but I live in the US and it seems like everybody here lives in Europe, so there's a different power voltage as well as shipping which will be way too much considering some of what I'm selling are over 50lbs.

4. mikim

mikim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +183
    Ahh.. I can see that 'Audiogon' is a US site :)
    That would explain your location.

I'm not familiar with Audiogon myself, but I find ebay to be a very successful place to sell. I have bought/sold many AV and pro-studio items on ebay, including items from the States, and I have had few troubles.

5. everybest

everybest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks, does anybody who has had experience with both sites have any preference? I've got a lot of stuff to sell and I've had experience with Ebay but not with Audiogon which apparently is pretty popular and more specialized than Ebay so I'm just trying to get a opinion before I sell.

6. John

John

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,279
    Does the AVSForum have a classifieds section ? Its an unrelated US equivalent of this UK site .

John

7. everybest

everybest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks a lot. I will check there.