Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Where to see a demo

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Neil in Bristol, Aug 12, 2005.

1. Neil in Bristol

Neil in Bristol

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    Hi,

I've been lurking on the forums for a while, but this is my first post. I've had a Sharp XV4 (800x600, 600 lumens, 200:1 contrast) for the last 3 years or so, but I was wondering if technology had moved on enough for me to justify upgrading to a Panny 700 or a Sanyo Z3.

I'm happy with my current PJ, but a 16:9 panel would be good, if only to avoid the grey bars, and I guess the contrast could be better on dark scenes. However, I guess I'd want to see a really marked improvement to justify spending £1000!

Anyway - could anyone recommend a dealer with a demo room where I could see for myself? I'm based in Bristol, but spend some time in Brum and London.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Neil

2. Louis Mazzini

Louis Mazzini

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +46
    Hi Neil.

I'm also in the Bristol area. About eighten months ago, when I was looking to demo the AE500, the closest place I could find was the Panasonic Centre in Taunton.

For DLPs in Bristol, Radfords on the Gloucester Road was very helpful, with a good demo room.

3. Ross007

Ross007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    Hi Neil

I am also based in Bristol and wanting a demo of the Panny. I emailed both Sevenoaks (whiteladies road) and Audio Excellence (park street) both of them don't stock the Panne and recommended DLP. Might just wait for a possible price drop and by it blind!

4. Neil in Bristol

Neil in Bristol

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    Thanks guys. Ross - I'll let you know if I find anywhere that has a AE700 we can see.

Imagine how many units the manufacturers could sell if they managed to persuade a few dealers to set up a screen somwhere dark for a demo...

Having said that, I quite like the fact that everyone is jumping on the plasma bandwagon. I have to confess that at least part of the appeal of a PJ is the fact that few of us have them!

Anyone else got any suggestions on where to see a demo? Surely there must be somewhere?!