Where to put speakers in a tiny room

wsg

Novice Member
I have a very small home theater – it is almost like a cockpit. The room is only 78” wide and 102” long. My cabinet is 75” wide so it is a perfect fit. Until now I had my Focal speakers sitting on the cabinet on each end and a wall-mounted 60” Panasonic plasma screen in the middle. It is mounted about 47” high (center) but that has always seemed a bit low – our eyes seem to focus near the top of the screen, not the center. (I guess that is due to the recliner seats.)

Now I am replacing the plasma with a Sony 77” A80J. But if I kept the same center, the speakers (17” high) would cover the bottom corners of the screen. So, I am looking three options:

1. Mount the TV higher with a center around 60” and tilted down 10-15 degrees
  2. Mount it about 52” high and turn the speakers on their sides, or
  3. Mount it at eye level (47”) and place my L-R speakers above the TV
I am leaning towards option 1, but that just looks high. Seems like the audio would suffer in both options 2 and 3. There is no other room for the speakers. (It is a 5.1 system but the other speakers are okay.) I love these speakers for music so I don’t want downgrade to a soundbar.

What would you do?

IWC Dopplel

Distinguished Member
Any chance of a few pics or sketches?

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES '22 TV Announcement Round-up, Plus, Most Anticipated Movies of 2022 and More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom