Where to put LCD in bedroom?

lordvader

Established Member
Reaction score
I have been reading many posts on the forum about the Mikomi 17in from agros. Decided i want a LCD of some sort in my bedroom to replace the horrid old 23" i have got.

But for the life of me i cant figure out where to put it in my room. I have taken some pictures from the 4 corners so you can get an idea of what i have to work with. I would also like to hook up a cheapo dvd.

Attachments

• PICT0073 0_TN.jpg
    PICT0073 0_TN.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 167
  • PICT0074 1_TN.jpg
    PICT0074 1_TN.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 142
  • PICT0075 2_TN.jpg
    PICT0075 2_TN.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 145
  • PICT0076 3_TN.jpg
    PICT0076 3_TN.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 145
Can't tell from the photos but on the wall at the end of your bed, surely?

There is only around 5" of wall between the door and the built in cuboards :(

Its annoying because i HATE my old 23", i have got a AV sender so i can watch sky but i have got a 32" widescreen as my main TV and the picture is all weird because its a 4:3 tv :(

Only think i can think of is buying a stand and having the lcd in the same place.

I am just about to move into a new build and sort-of have a similar problem. On the floor plans they have shown the living room and bedrooms arranged in the most sensible way possible. When they built them they have put the aerial points on the opposite side of the living room to where any normal human being would put the TV and in the bedroom they have put a radiator where you would put the bed. Fools. Might have to invest in a video sender but not happy about the loss of video quality and inteference with my wireless LAN. Also it is a brand new property and no Cat5 anywhere.

Could you stick it on top of the small two door cupboard between the en-suite and bedroom door, or even wall mount it on that wall?

I would agree with paulrwebster.

Go for a low mounted wall bracket such that you can get you dvd player on the cabinet top just below it.

If you are going for a smaller screen (sub 21") then get a pivoting mount that will allow to push the screen flat against the wall when you don't need it.

Have a look at Premier Mounts www.mounts.com for some more ideas.

Chris

I like the sound of that idea! Had a look at them mounts but relised thats a US site.

Maybe the best place for an LCD in the bedroom is on the ceiling, assuming you can trust it not to fall on you in the wee small hours

hi johnny,

we have our lcd behind our built ins. in that way, when we close the doors its totally concealed. its bolted to a shelf and there is plenty of clearance when doors are closed (about 10mm)

regards,

julie

Mount the LCD onto/into the wardrobe door at the end of your bed and have the DVD player inside the wardrobe on a shelf. Get an IR extender from Keene.co.uk (£40) to control the DVD player.

Richie.

I will have to have a look how much room there is between the door and inner shelfs, i dont THINk there is going to be enough for both the LCD and a mount but will have a gimmy anyway.

I could mount it to the door yes but im going to have to have a new plug put in somewhere and i didnt really want to drill the mount onto the doors......but glad a couple of people have given me some ideas. Im going to poip down argos in the next day or 2 to get the LCD.

In the meantime to sort out the problem you are having with your 4:3 TV and sky, just go into the set up menu and select picture settings and change the aspect ratio to 4:3 Letterbox, and that will sort it. It is a bit of a pain to do it everytime you want to watch TV in bed but there you go.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom