Where to put future subwoofer?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by Timme, Apr 15, 2017.

1. Timme

Timme

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +61
    [​IMG]

Where do you suggest I put my future (or dual) subwoofer(s)? Its primarily for movies

2. PSM1

PSM1
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,434
    Always hard to tell as it will depend a lot on the room as well as the sub.
    Ideally you would try each location and then pick the one that sounds the best.
    The bottom location on the pic is probably too close to the corner and could give issues with a very boomy sound. Often a sub is placed at the front near or inside the front speakers so that it integrates with the front soundstage more easily. This would mean the location by the sofa may not be the best which just leaves the one on the left of the TV.
    What speakers do you have and where are they placed on that diagram. Given your space I am not sure dual subs will give you much and you maybe better getting one decent sub compared to 2 cheaper ones.

3. Timme

Timme

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +61
    Right now I have a philips fidelio b5 soundbar with a rather small subwoofer (6,5'). I actually have it on the right side by the sofa in the small corner but that's not ideal since it gets kind of boomy and muddy in that spot too.

Left side of the TV would probably be the best even though the sub is probably to small for the whole room. My dream sub would be the SB16 ultra and that one would probably fill the room with nice bass without a problem :)

Just need to save some money for a bigger system ;)