Where to Pre-order a PS3?

Kong

Standard Member
Are there any places i can preorder a PS3? i live in the UK so obviously would like to order from a UK online retailer or high street retailer.

am i asking too early?

Kong

Standard Member
i talked to somebody online a couple days ago and they said they pre-ordered a ps3 from gamestation. i checked online to see but couldnt find anything to do with preordering one. maybe he was bull*****ting!?

NackNack

Banned
No, he wasn't bulling you. I've pre-ordered there, they just take details. You'll be put down on it. I'm fifth or sixth at my local, after all the staff.

zAndy1

Distinguished Member
Until they start an official pre-order scheme where you pay a deposit and get a receipt I think you'll find pre-ordering at gamestation is a waste of time. They did that with the 360, registered interest but you still had to go in and pre-order when the proper pre-orders started and the order you placed your order then determined where you were in the queue. Absolutely no point pre-ordering until then...

Miyazaki

Novice Member
Don't order at amazon!

Tejstar

Distinguished Member
Games Guru said:
Don't order at amazon!
This has to be reiterated - DON'T ORDER FROM AMAZON. After the 360 farce I'll be trusting other e-tailers like Woolworths.

However, for a Jap machine I've got one pre-ordered at LIk-Sang.

NackNack

Banned
zAndy1 said:
Until they start an official pre-order scheme where you pay a deposit and get a receipt I think you'll find pre-ordering at gamestation is a waste of time. They did that with the 360, registered interest but you still had to go in and pre-order when the proper pre-orders started and the order you placed your order then determined where you were in the queue. Absolutely no point pre-ordering until then...
There obviously is a point in pre-ordering then?

It all depends on each Gamestation - if you put your number down and make yourself known to them, they will call you when real pre-orders start to make a deposit.

dodger747

Novice Member
NackNack said:
they will call you when real pre-orders start to make a deposit.
Unless you live under a rock, I hardly think that you won't hear the news of when pre-orders start...:rolleyes:

Seth Gecko

retired member
Probably a bit slow mentioning this, but seeing as at the weekend, there has been talk of a delay until October due to the Blu Ray standards still not being finalised, I'm thinking 2007 is most likely.

See here for story.

NackNack

Banned
dodger747 said:
Unless you live under a rock, I hardly think that you won't hear the news of when pre-orders start...:rolleyes:
Right, but it'll take a while for the whole company to roll out their pre-order scheme.

The PS3 was always going to be 2007 here, they don't have a tangiable machine yet.

m1ket

Tejstar said:
Will pre-orders in the UK start when we have official word on pricing? Maybe E3?
i doubt they will announce uk pricing at E3, unless sony suprise us all and do a global launch which is highly doubtful due to the high cost of production the longer they wai the cheaper it will be to make

D

Deleted member 92943

My GAME stor had a sign saying they were taking Pre-orders the same weekend the started taking 360 pre-orders. They wanted a £10 depsoit but took the sign down a couple of days later.

I never asked what happened

Tejstar

Distinguished Member
m1ket said:
i doubt they will announce uk pricing at E3, unless sony suprise us all and do a global launch which is highly doubtful due to the high cost of production the longer they wai the cheaper it will be to make
Toky Games Show then in September is most likely...

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 OLED TV Review: The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom