• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Where to position speakers advice please

shyamt

Standard Member
Hi again,

I was having second thoughts about whether I should go for a tall boy system, or smaller speakers that could be wall mounted... I'd prefer the tall boys, but not sure what would look better in the room, so have taken some pictures, hoping you could help me, as you have done so much up to now!

By by the way, hopefully you can see from the pictures that the room is divided into two parts, the front half (facing the TV) will be used simply for sitting down, watching TV, but behind that (this is shown best in the last picture), there will be gym equipment, from where we should hopefully be able to watch TV from too! I particularly want advice on where would be best to place the speakers, and also, whether I'd be better off going for tall boys or smaller ones which can be mounted in corners.

Sorry about the poor pictures, feel free to ask any questions.

Thanks again!

RottenFox

Distinguished Member
well,strangely enough the 5.1 setup guide from dolby,isnt a million miles away from your pictures,and possible positions, for the 1/2/3/4 and tv position you have marked.
Dolby - Dolby Speaker Setup Guide - Speaker Placement

if you move the slider at the bottom about,you will see what i mean.
as to tall boys or mounted..its up to you,but the tall boy speakers,that come with most all in ones,are a bit toy-ish,not too steady on their feet,and a bit plasticy and wobbly.
whereas a proper weighted set of stands,and small speakers on top are a bit more steady.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom