where to obtain a LGA 1366 motherboard ?

Discussion in 'Computer Components' started by Rob141084, Feb 19, 2014.

1. Rob141084

Rob141084
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I just thought I'd drop a little post on here asking for a bit of advice. I'm new to the site so I can't post an ad yet unfortunately but i'll get to the point now anyway. Around xmas time my Corsair PSU blew up and took my motherboard and GPU out with it, Since then I have had a damage claim with Corsair accepted and I have a £350 cheque in the post at the moment. My current processor is an intel i7 950 3.06ghz LGA 1366 (bloomfield) and I'm looking to find a board thats compatible with this but I am really struggling to find one. There are some on ebay of course but I thought I'd ask here first off. I'm just curious if anyone has any for sale or where to reccomend getting one. I was hoping to only spend up to £120-£150 on the mobo so I can save the remainder of the cheque to get a GTX 770 (with a bit of cash put towards) Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards
    Rob

2. EndlessWaves

EndlessWaves
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,519
    I couldn't see any new, I suppose there's not much call for long term support if you need cutting edge performance. If you're in a big city then you might find some local second hand, otherwise it's online classifieds/auctions like Ebay, Proloved, Gumtree, Craigslist etc.

3. Billkaza

Billkaza
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Second hand at classifieds or Ebay maybe.
    The ones that are brand new are overpriced