Where to mount centre back in a 7.1

kazino21

Hi guys at the moment I am using proac tablette's as my centre back on their standands at ear level when your sitting down. However from the research that I've done I should be mounting them much higher up. Are there any speaker mounts that are this high as I haven't been able to find any, otherwise what are the alternatives???

Thanks in advance.

DMT

Or try www.thx.com

THX prefer much closer positioning of the SBL and SBR

kazino21

I have looked through the sites and found the correct angling however it has been recommened to mout the speakers high up rather than at ear level, so i'm wondering if there are any speakers stands that are very tall designed for this purpose as I am not able to find any.

KelvinS1965

Distinguished Member
Or try www.thx.com

THX prefer much closer positioning of the SBL and SBR

I also noticed that they recommend monopoles for the rear surrounds, which was news to me.:) If you don't have THX on your amp, then I guess the dolby recommendations applys?

I'm home demoing some M&K K4 tripoles ATM, with a view to buying some K5 monopoles as rear surrounds. Two pairs of K4s would be a little expensive and also longer term I think I could use the K5/K4 combo in my 'Screen 2' (which uses a phantom centre due to close postion of the left/right pair) when/if I pick up a cheap set of PMC wafers in the future.

FWIW, kazino21 I have usually got better results with my surrounds high up on the wall, but I don't know of any stands that high.:(

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: We review Dune and ask which is the best decade for horror movies?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom