Where to head after plasma?

rauer

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm a long time satisfied Panasonic plasma user. I've had a 42'' PHD8 for some 8 years and a 42'' G20 for a few years. Now I'm about to get a 50-55'' TV for a third location. A good Panasonic was my obvious choice, but I fear I may be a little late. One local (Finnish, that is) store had a 50GT60 for sale at a great price for a while but as I was considering it, they ran out of stock and don't seem to be getting any more. Another store had very few 55VT60 sets for a great price as well but that offer ended and the stock is also now close to zero. Many stores still have ST models available, but I wanted a GT or a VT - and at a good price.

Since I'm beginning to fear I'm out of luck trying to find a good price on those Panasonics any more, I've started considering other options. But I'm really out of touch regarding where LCD/LED is today. Any suggestions which brands and models to consider? What LCD/LED could satisfy someone who likes plasma IQ? I'm currently watching 90% standard def digital TV, the remaining being blu-rays and Netflix with an AppleTV 3. No gaming.

Thanks.

Have you considered a Samsung plasma e.g. the F8500? Otherwise, the next step is OLED...which starts getting expensive.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom