1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where to get HS10 - Advice please?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Markatlarks, Jan 24, 2003.

1. Markatlarks

Markatlarks
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    HS10 is for me but from where?

I live in Cornwall and nobody (Yes nobody) in the video/audio retail sector has an HS10 or will get one 'down' to demo. So instead of supporting local industry/retailers I will go elsewhere.

Can anyone advise on the best value supplier in the UK (or abroad) for an HS10 and a 16:9 screen (8ft wide) - preferably pull down or electric.

KRAMER
    ________

Are you still a happy chappie? - any current update - before I take your advice and buy an HS10. What would your order include which would be additional to the HS10 Retail package? (Filter/leads etc - I will be coming out of an HTPC.

Cheers

Mark

2. JohnS

JohnS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Give www.nexnix.co.uk a call, I borrowed a HS10 off them last night for a home dem along with a dvi cable to hook it up to my PC. Very helpful bunch of people. I'm taking it back this afternoon to swap for a brand new one:D

Simple stunning! That about sums it up fed from my quite sorted HTPC via dvi, massive improvement over my ae100 on an 8ft screen. Similar balck levels but more detail within them, light areas and colour had much more punch though probably due to the extra resolution and lumens. Screendoor.....What screendoor;)

The much talked about noise issue didn't bother me because of the difference in didstance away from me that the HS10 is again compared to the ae100 (thr HS10 has a longer throw so was 4/5ft further back.

3. TT9

TT9

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Second that,

Just spoken to Russell, and they've got a brand new batch in. Going down myself tomorrow afternoon to demo a unit and talk about all things Projector/Screen/Plasma.

His offer of a home loan of kit has been well received so he shall definitely be getting my business. I will let the projector forum posters know how I get on, on Monday.

I will be sure to check out that Hit/Panny/Pio/Sam comparison as well and give my two bobs worth !!

Regards,
    Steve.

4. TT9

TT9

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Second that,

Just spoken to Russell, and they've got a brand new batch in. Going down myself tomorrow afternoon to demo a unit and talk about all things Projector/Screen/Plasma.

His offer of a home loan of kit has been well received so he shall definitely be getting my business. I will let the projector forum posters know how I get on, on Monday.

I will be sure to check out that Hit/Panny/Pio/Sam comparison as well and give my two bobs worth !!

Regards,
    Steve.

5. RASH PATEL

RASH PATEL
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I am seeing Russell at Nexnix this saturday for HS10 demo.
    Seems like a "CLass A " outfit who knows what there is to know
    about electronics and a very positive attitude towards custmers!

Will let you know of my experience,

Rash

6. benmc

benmc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Hi

I bought my HS10 and drapa Luma screen from NEXNIX last week and I have been really really impressed with the service and quality of customer service.

Russell was very good at dealing with any questions that I had and was more than happy to let me have a play with things and was more than happy to help out if I had questions.

I even got a good cup of Coffee!!!!

I would not hesitate from buying there again.

Ben

7. RASH PATEL

RASH PATEL
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Benmac,

How much did you pay for the screen and what size,

Thanks,

Rash

8. benmc

benmc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I think that the screen was £240 and is an 82.5 inch manual pulldown screen.

There is some curling at the edges mainly at the top, you only notice this when you pull the screen down in the light but once you are projecting onto it you do not notice it.

I am planning to attach something like 2 bulldog cclips to the side and tension the screen to the wall when I am watching.

I don't think that NEXNIX has the 82.5 inch in stock but they got it in within 24 hours!

Ben

9. RASH PATEL

RASH PATEL
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks,mate,

Rash