1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where to get Heavy Metal DVD's?

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Juzminator, Jul 4, 2001.

1. Juzminator

Juzminator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Fist off: sorry if this has been posted before, but the "Search" function keeps timing out on my 'pooter :rolleyes:

Any of you Heavy Metal loving guys out there (I know there are some of you ;)) know any good web-based outlets with a wide choice of DVD's in this particular music genre?

I'm talking DVD's of the "lots of video's on one disk" or live variety....oh...and not DVD-A's (every time I hear someone talking about DVD-A, I can't help thinking of the South Parks guys' definition of that acronym [and their band's name]....*snigger* ;))

I use Play 24/7 and Future Entertainment, but neither seems to have that large a selection of Heavy Metal DVD's - I suppose it's the price one has to pay for listening to such painfully untrendy music (as it's always been.....yet it seems to have outlasted just about every other genre...hmmmmnnn).

Thanks in advance guys :)

2. Nike

Nike

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Juzz,
    I have got a few odds & sods from
    DVDzone2
    based in Belgium, some prices not bad (in Euros)
    Other than that, the few music DVDs I have got have been from high street sales.
    There aren't mountains of HM stuff available though
    Probably my best 'rock moments' so far experienced on DVD are Metallica S&M/Cunning Stunts (the only DVDs in my collection to use 'multi-angle') & AC/DC 'No Bull' live in Madrid.
    Any bands in particular you were interested in getting DVDs of?

3. Juzminator

Juzminator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Just the usual suspects really: Ozzy, Judas Priest, AC/DC (cheers for that one!), Black Sabbath, Megadeth, Marilyn Manson (you know - the banned one?) - that sort of thing....but I'm open to any other good recommendations m8! :)

4. Nike

Nike

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    There is definitely 'product' available from Sabbath (recent) & Ozzy. Not seen it though.
    Not sure about Priest (saw them the other week though - excellent :D :D )
    The only Megadeth I'm aware of goes by the name of 'rusted pieces' I think its just 6 or 7 videos.
    The AC/DC mentioned previously is excellent - I got it for £5 with no case. It's a whole gig with both 2 & 5 channel mixes.
    If you like VH there is a video hits DVD as well as the Right here, right now live album.
    I've also got '3 vulgar videos' by Pantera, which as the name suggests is 3 previously available on VHS videos on 1 DVD. The live footage is OK but there's a lot of camcorder backstage stuff - once you've seen one Pantera fan's arse............ :eek:
    I've definitely seen at least two different marylin manson albums for sale.
    I'd have thought, having seen Alice Cooper this year that his concerts would be pretty good DVDs.
    Also, It's not HM, but I'm quite looking forward to Touring Band 2000 by Pearl Jam later this month - also a whole gig (26 tracks) £14.99 play247.
    If I think of anything else I'll get back to you sir.

5. chris thomas

chris thomas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Allright mate, i,ve got the s and m, metallica and cunning stunts, both great, ozzy live and loud but think its deleted now, i know theres sabbaths last supper, nec live which i,m getting next, i use 247 and try
    www.ezydvd.com there very good,
    all the best chrisyt. ;)

6. General Skanky

General Skanky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    Now who would have guessed it Suffolk boy!
    (I don't have an accent by the way! Graham EW said I was posh! :))
    I'm also an AC/DC nut Juz.
    I've been looking out for their stuff on DVD for a while.
    I kicked myself for not buying the Donnington AC/DC LaserDisc (NTSC) on offer about 2 years ago.
    I'll be very interested if you manage to buy some of their stuff on DVD which is good quality.

But.........on a point of debate, I'd say they are Rock and not metal. :rolleyes:

Iron Maiden are metal (like them too by the way).
    AC/DC are Rock.

I've always been a man that hates the Sat. morning pop typre of thing, shows that say, '...and in the rock charts this week at no6. is .....Elton John!' :eek:
    Plop.
    Correct classification of groups please. :D

[ 04-07-2001: Message edited by: General Skanky ]

7. Juzminator

Juzminator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hey hey!! - Thanks guys! :)

Good to see there's more metalheads out there ;)

I'll try all your suggestions and let you know how I get on.

BTW - General - I'm no Suffolk boy either - 13 years (+ 3 expulsions *ahem*) at public school kinda knocked the "you alroight booeey????" out of me. I (like you, possibly) have always found it to be a hindrance to not speak like a "typical Suffolk-boy" because of the amazing inverted snobbery in Suffolk (especially Ipswich :() - this is particularly sad for me, cos, since leaving school I've distanced myself from the "privileged" people I knew simply because I didn't have the option of "working for Daddy", and had to get a run of the mill job and buy a little house all off my own back.

In a similar vein (stereotyping, that is): nobody ever believes I'm into metal cos I always wear a suit (sometimes...without a tie *gasp*) - it's funny how people think you have to look/act/speak a certain way in order to conform with their pre(mis)conceptions of....errrrr....stuff (sorry - kinda lost my way halfway through writing that last bit :rolleyes: )

Wow - this has turned into a bit of stream of consciousness post....sorry.....I've been on the old beer and wine all day :eek:

I think I shall adjourn to the bedroom now......*mumble, mumble, slur, dribble*

[ 04-07-2001: Message edited by: Juzminator ]

8. Mindcrime

Mindcrime

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +119
    Try destinyrocks.co.uk. I buy all my cd's from this guy (Simon), he does region 1 & 2 DVD's at quite a good price. I have actually just seen loadsa editions of "Hard 'n Heavy" on DVD here in Boston USA, all priced @$9.99, when metal was cool :D