Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Where to get fixed BTTF DVDs

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by StephenR, Aug 29, 2003.

1. StephenR

StephenR
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am having great difficulty in getting the corrected version of the Back to the Future DVD trilogy. I originally ordered the region 1 set before Christmas last year from MovieTyme, but because of the misframing they said I could wait until they got the corrected version in stock. By May they still hadn't got them, so I asked for a refund which they still have not given me :mad:

Anyway, I emailed Play and they said they had the corrected version in stock. I ordered it, but when it came it was the faulty version. I sent it back and they have given me a refund.

The question is, where on earth can I buy the corrected version from? I have done a quick search on this forum and it appears that the situation is a complete mess, with even the remastered region 2 copies having problems! Therefore, I want the remastered region 1 set. Any ideas where I can get it from as I am getting fed up of being messed around. I'm beginning to wonder whether I will ever get these DVDs :rolleyes:

2. StephenR

StephenR
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm getting desperate now - does anyone know where I can get the V2 BTTF set (R1)? I have tried MovieTyme, Play, and R1DVD.com and they all say they can't get the V2 set. I am struggling to understand why no-one can get them even though the re-issued set has been out for ages.

If anyone knows of a supplier who has the V2 set please can you let me know. I don't care how much it costs - I just want them!!!

3. LDR

LDR

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +101
    Im pretty sure that I read somewhere that DVDSoon.com had the v2 edition..try emailing them & see what they say..

4. sweetmate

sweetmate

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +51
    You cant get an American R1 V2 set, Universal USA will not distribute them, they will only send corrected discs 2 and 3 via mail to US addresses. Universal Canada had some corrected Bilingual sets on the shelves in certain parts of Canada but I think they've stopped now (i think theyve also stopped mailing corrected v2 discs to international customers).

I've had to get a friend in LA who I know is coming to the UK for christmas to buy a set and then get the replacment discs by mail for me.

5. sweetmate

sweetmate

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +51
    ooo right you are LDR, they have "Back to the Future - Trilogy (New)" which im guessing are V2, but the "Retour vers le Futur" artwork is a big no-no for me!

6. LDR

LDR

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +101
    Yep, that is a major downer, but if youve got the original & money to burn then surely its worth it for the discs..just swap them over & file the new box..

As I said..it may be worth an email to see if they have any non v.f..