• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Where to get an iPad?

Muck9

Where can I order a 16GB WiFi only iPad either online or in a shop near Glasgow? Anyone know if the Apple store have any?

NewBeetle

Distinguished Member
Where can I order a 16GB WiFi only iPad either online or in a shop near Glasgow? Anyone know if the Apple store have any?

Apple retail stores are getting deliveries daily. You can put your name down and they email you once they have your desired model for you. It only took the trafford centre 36 hours before they had one in for me.

Nuggsy

PC World sell iPad & on 9 months interest free credit!

Muck9

Apple retail stores are getting deliveries daily. You can put your name down and they email you once they have your desired model for you. It only took the trafford centre 36 hours before they had one in for me.

Thanks for that, put my name down for one yesterday

Nuggsy

You serious? Any catch? IS THIS OFFER STILL ON? For any size? 3G?

Yep serious. No catch PC World do 9 months interest free across the entire iPad range. 10% deposit required.

linkster

Are they really any more likely to get them in than the online store though? I was all ready to place an order but the 7-10 days is putting me off taking the gamble

NewBeetle

Distinguished Member
Are they really any more likely to get them in than the online store though? I was all ready to place an order but the 7-10 days is putting me off taking the gamble

Well it took the trafford store 1.5 days to get me a 16gb and 5 days to get me a 32gb. Saying that some people are gettin them from apple online in well under the 7-10 days quoted.

Vivaki

Does anyone know if tesco or argos will be selling the ipad anytime soon?

EDIT: Just read about the PCworld offer. Any link to that? Instore only?

Last edited:

linkster

Good luck finding stock, I tried every post code I could think of from Greenwich to Solihull :(

****it, order placed on Apple store

Nuggsy

Does anyone know if tesco or argos will be selling the ipad anytime soon?

EDIT: Just read about the PCworld offer. Any link to that? Instore only?

The PC World thing is just standard across all their products. Spend enough & you qualify for 9 months interest free credit.
There are additional credit terms available over longer periods but these are not interest free.

You can check availability locally buy selecting the collect at store option during the checkout process then select the relevant store.

xene68

Standard Member

I ordered one in store at an Apple Premium Reseller 2 weeks ago today - and still waiting !!!:mad:
I wished I had ordered from Apple on line now :(

NewBeetle

Distinguished Member

All usual apple dealers will be all over the iPad once the timed exclusive deal ends. Stock will be tight for the coming months though. Argos are more likely than tesco as I think tesco stopped selling macs a while ago (only iPods nowadays).

bpsmith

Distinguished Member
PC World have just got their finance sorted again after HFC left them in the lurch and pulled totally out of Retail!

PC World also got stopped from giving Staff Discount too. My mate's face was not pretty when he expected to use both services!

gazzzza

hi,
im looking for an ipad 32gig for my wife, but i want it on interest free credit for 9 months or so.
pc world have now changed there's to 6 months with a £25 penalty for paying up early or even on the final day before it goes into mega interest.
i really dont understand how that is called interest free if you have to pay a 5% penalty.
anyway does anyone know of anywhere selling the ipad with interest free credit.
thanks.
gaz..........

Stiggy

Distinguished Member
hi,
pc world have now changed there's to 6 months with a £25 penalty for paying up early or even on the final day before it goes into mega interest.
i really dont understand how that is called interest free if you have to pay a 5% penalty.
Are you sure that's the deal? I thought there was a legal requirement for you to be allowed to settle early.

gazzzza

Are you sure that's the deal? I thought there was a legal requirement for you to be allowed to settle early.
i rang a store in norwich and he said the 9 months had been changed to 6 months.
then said there was an early payment penalty of £25, i ask if this applied if i paid on the final day he said yes.
he seemed quite knowledgeable, like he was manager or similar.
i did say that it didnt sound like interest free, he just said thats how they are doing it now.
so its interest free with interest with a different name :confused:
gaz...........

gazzzza

Not much use for the guy looking for credit, but I noticed on ebay today zavvi are selling the £529 model for £499 delivered - think its only valid for today

Apple iPad Wi-Fi + 3G 16GB - New on eBay (end time 12-Oct-10 08:58:47 BST)

the thing is we have 2 bloody laptops and 2 ipod touches, now she wants a bloody ipad, she has web on her phone contract, how many times or methods of looking at the web do you need ***.
i said you want one you buy it, hence the interest free required.
gaz...........

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom