Where to get a Motorized Alpine unit + DVD unit + roof mounted screen fitted in North

Discussion in 'Video Streaming Boxes & Services' started by chrisjoanne, Mar 9, 2004.

1. chrisjoanne

chrisjoanne
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Can anyone point me in the right direction as to where to get an Alpine motorized unit + DVD unit + a roof mounted screen fitted to a brand new VW Sharan vehicle in the North-East. (Newcastle).
    I've just been told today that it may be a problem as the car has curtain airbags.
    Also what sort of price should I be looking at?
    I'm also concerned that if I get a friend to fit this it would void the warranty and also may damage the vehicles ECU unit.

Any help is appreciated.
    Chris

2. Zoidy

Zoidy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    curtain airbags? wow they are installing them in some funny places now adays :D erm.. www.sqplus.com and ashley audio (dunno webbie) are some of the best companies up north.. around manchester area i think.. if you need somewhere closer to home.. buy a car stereo mag from your local newsagents and have a look in the back at the dealers section under newcastle ;)

regarding "a friend" it depends on how capable that friend is.. in my personal experiance, i dont like to do work for friends and i also dont ask friends to do it for me.. best to pay someone to do it for you, as they have insurance to mop up any mess thats caused

prices.. no idea. probably full days work @ a proper installers, maybe less.. so anything from 100 upwards.. depending on where you go.. every shop has its own price and is usually alot less if you buy the gear of them

hope this helps