1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where to get 3d glasses and will they work on an LCD Projector

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Comer, Aug 21, 2005.

1. Comer

Comer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +82
    I just got Spy Kids 3D and want to get some 3D glasses for myself and the kids. Anywhere I can get these reasonably priced online. Will this work on an LCD projector?

Thanks

Conor

2. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Conor,

SpyKids 3D on DVD comes with the glasses included - I use the term "glasses" advisedly........ they're cardboard yokes with a red and blue lens, you've seen the kind of things on the front of comics etc. It works fine with a projector, but it's really just some fun for the kids. I've got it, and Shrek 3D and some other 3D Santa yoke....... Googling threw up this link - 3D Stuff, (click on "anaglyph glasses" when on this page) but I've no idea whether all blue/red
    glasses are the same........

All the best,

Sean.

3. patrober

patrober

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    i also have spykids 3d and it does work with a projector - but to get the best results you have to tweak the colour setup (theres a setup util on the disk) so dont do what i did and forgot to note the settings before tweaking it for 3d, and so it took a while to get it recalibrated to normal 2d viewing!

But yes, it does work (albeit averagely)

P

4. fallwood

fallwood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Anyone know where to get the proper gray lense 3d glasses like they use at universal and disney theme parks , these are vcool and the 3d is great.

5. patrober

patrober

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    If they are like the ones at the imax then they wont work with the likes of spykids 3d as they use a different method of separating left/right - polarising (I think) but certainly not the red/green method as used with these types of 3d dvds.

6. Catman

Catman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a 3D camera, and use programs to produce anaglyphs (red & cyan 3D pictures). I get all my 3D glasses & other 3D stuff from www.3dimages.co.uk.
    :thumbsup:

7. Maff et1

Maff et1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    They work by blocking each eye in turn, this is syncronised with a slightly different image, this place seems to have alot of stuff: http://www.imago3d.co.uk

8. NicolasB

NicolasB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +520
    No they don't. What you're thinking of is "shutter glasses" - which could be used with a CRT computer monitor to produce sterescopic 3D with certain games.

Actually I think this system is occasionally used in cinemas too, with a wireless transmitter to keep the glasses in synch, but it's rare.

The normal in-cinema version works by replacing the lens on the projector. Each film frame contains two images, and the special lens projects each of the two images onto the whole of the screen at the same time, but with each one polarised in a different direction. The glasses have polarisers in the lenses, so you see one of the two projected images with one eye, and the other with the other eye.

9. Maff et1

Maff et1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm talking rubbish then, sorry.