1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where to demo

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by Mike-M, Dec 2, 2004.

1. Mike-M

Mike-M

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    Can anyone recomend some good stores to demo a wide range of gear. I have done my research and want to hear the like's of Cyrus, Linn,MF, ProAc, Castle and others in the same vein. There's nowhere where I live (Lincoln,they are very restricted on their ranges). I will probably have to travel, but don't mind this if I can get the choice.
    Also, due to room layout I really need the facility to adjust the Left Right balance which does not seem to be something a lot of the manufacturers I've mentioned provide. Is there another way around this (can't move the furniture, you can guess why!) or can anyone tell me if I can get kit with the control I need on it.

2. Knightshade

Knightshade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43
    Hi Mike,
    I know on a lot of Linn equipment you can alter the balance and speaker setup. I don't know exactly which range you're looking at but this is certainly a feature on there higher end systems and 5 channel amps.
    Sorry I can't help with the 'where to demo' question.

3. Paulholio

Paulholio

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Id definately try www.frankharvey.co.uk, they were rated in the top 10 retailers in the UK by What Hifi. You should go listen to their Naim...very nice :thumbsup: