Where to demo projectors? (Northants area)

Stampax

Just wondering where people go to demo there projectors? I'm thinking of buying for the first time, but would really like to see them working in the flesh (particularly my wife is keen). Any places in the East Midlands that let you demo? Or I often travel to North/Central London - anywhere there?

sdb123

Distinguished Member
Just wondering where people go to demo there projectors? I'm thinking of buying for the first time, but would really like to see them working in the flesh (particularly my wife is keen). Any places in the East Midlands that let you demo? Or I often travel to North/Central London - anywhere there?
Why not narrow down which projectors you're interested in and then visit the manufacturer's websites to see where there are stockists. You could then contact them to see if a demo would be possible.

Event Horizon

hi!!
i called up avland in wellingborough yesterday to see what pjs they had on demo, they wasnt very helpfull actualy(bit of an attitude) and replied we only have plasmas on demo(they did do pjs when they first opened).
another place i have demo`d pjs is seven oaks in bedford.
there is also a place in kettering called classic hifi they normaly have one pj on demo there.
if you find any others in northants that do please post as i am also in the market for another, there are quite alot of shops in northants yellow pages so might be worth some phone calls.
best regards
nick.

Stampax

hi!!
i called up avland in wellingborough yesterday to see what pjs they had on demo, they wasnt very helpfull actualy(bit of an attitude) and replied we only have plasmas on demo(they did do pjs when they first opened).
another place i have demo`d pjs is seven oaks in bedford.
there is also a place in kettering called classic hifi they normaly have one pj on demo there.
if you find any others in northants that do please post as i am also in the market for another, there are quite alot of shops in northants yellow pages so might be worth some phone calls.
best regards
nick.
Cheers - not sure where else to try in this area tbh. I might go try sevenoaks as there is one close to my parents house in London. Freinds had a projector years ago and the colour was opretty washed out and vague, and no where near as good as a TV - I want to see how things have changed.

sdb123

Distinguished Member
Freinds had a projector years ago and the colour was opretty washed out and vague, and no where near as good as a TV - I want to see how things have changed.
Things have moved on a great deal! What is your 'comparison point' (i.e. TV)?

Stampax

Things have moved on a great deal! What is your 'comparison point' (i.e. TV)?
Compared to decent quality £1500 ish plasma's/LCD. But like I said, not having a go at projectors, it's just I havnt seen one in action for quite a while, so am just assuming they look washed out compared to proper Tv's.

sdb123

Distinguished Member
Compared to decent quality £1500 ish plasma's/LCD. But like I said, not having a go at projectors, it's just I havnt seen one in action for quite a while, so am just assuming they look washed out compared to proper Tv's.
Understood, I was just interested in what you would be comparing them with that's all. :)

A decent projector (in a suitable environment) will hold it's own against and in the majority of cases surpass TV performance.

Happy demoing. ;)

ShanePJ

AVForums Sponsor
Hi Stampax

I know we are a few mile away to say the least, but we do have full demo facilities and always have an array of projectors at all prices on Dem.

If your able to travel to Manchester we are only 30min from here!

Regards. Shane

rimibar

If you're happy to travel to St. Neots in sunny Huntingdonshire, then checkout Audiovision - see http://www.audiovisiononline.co.uk. Call in advance and they can prepare a number of projectors for you to demo....

Hope you find something good and join the "Projector-club"?

D

Deleted member 209349

Hi Stampax

I know we are a few mile away to say the least, but we do have full demo facilities and always have an array of projectors at all prices on Dem.

If your able to travel to Manchester we are only 30min from here!

Regards. Shane
do u have the panasonic ae2000e for demo? also the onkyo 805

thanks

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: The Best TVs and Projectors of 2020, plus AV, TV Show & Movie News & Reviews
Top Bottom